Shooting pigs at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting pigs at night

If you are planning on hunting pigs at night with light, would you call the game warden to give him a heads up that you will be shooting at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope

well it depends on where your at. If your hunting a smaller property with lots of houses and stuff around it you probably should. If your running 4k acres in the bush i wouldn't bother.

I think its fair to say they no what is going on in a area if it is infested with pigs and are hearing rifle shots and flashlights bouncing all over a field. They might come check on you but you might be able to get some good info out of them on pig tactics .
    Last edited by justin81; 11-06-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

During deer season, yes.

Otherwise, no.

I love hunting at night. Pigs and predators are a ton of fun to hunt.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

If it was with a bow then no. With a gun it’s the safe thing to do. Always good to stay on the good side of your game wardens

Comment

No reason to call the police to inform them you won't be speeding on your way to work.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
            If you are planning on hunting pigs at night with light, would you call the game warden to give him a heads up that you will be shooting at night?

It depends.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
              No reason to call the police to inform them you won't be speeding on your way to work.

I'm going to start kneeling if I have to start calling the law to tell them I'm not going to be breaking the law

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                Originally posted by SmTx View Post

I'm going to start kneeling if I have to start calling the law to tell them I'm not going to be breaking the law
                This!

The game warden in my county said I should let him know if I’m gonna hunt hogs at night...nope, not happening.

I had a 28 year reunion at my property with 10 of my high school buddies. They shot several thousand rounds one night. About a thousand rounds into it, someone asked if what we were doing was illegal...that still amuses me.

Comment

Shooting pigs at night

If he shows up, would you like the benefit of his knowing your intentions....or not?

Because either way, that's his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    If he shows up, would you like the benefit of his knowing your intentions....or not?

Because either way, that's his job.

It’s my place, I have no trespassing signs. His “job” does not supersede my rights as a landowner and my freedoms under the constitution.

Comment

I was out shooting pigs one night. Full moon, cold. Real good night. Warden announced himself and walked in on me and said he'd been watching me. He had a PVS-14 and was rigged out for serious work. We chatted a bit and wound up walking around checking the rest of my corn for hogs and he let me use his IR. Since then I'd always text and say something like "I just pulled of ***** road with my headlights off and gonna be hunting tonight and he'd reply "I know, Just saw you".... Got my own night vision after that too!

Comment

SMH.

A courtesy call isn’t that hard.

A couple game wardens are members here...what’s so hard about being courteous?

Comment

No.

Comment

I hunted a place for several years with no problem. Went a few years without hunting it and some people built a house next to it. Went hunting again and shot few times and on the way out, had a convoy of sheriffs coming down the road. Guess I should have called!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. The hogs don’t even hear my bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X