X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killeen Rodeo Military Appreciation Night

Here are a few pics from the rodeo. My son is being a little cowboy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jbitt4x4; 08-30-2009, 11:44 PM.

Bump

Critiques please

Comment

Nice pics, just one tip, the closer you are to the action the faster you have to shoot. From the looks of it a speed of about 250 or faster.

Comment

My suggestion would be when shooting kids, or a lot of things for that matter but especially important in little people shots, you want to get down on their level. These would have had a lot more impact had you got down on one knee and shot level with your sons height.
        Composition is important as well. Always keep in mind what else is in the picture. For example, in the photo of the bulldogger trying to get the steer to the ground, the background is as in focus as the main subject so I would recommend throwing the background a little out of focus by opening up your aperture and then also get the subject closer to you. In that photo the bulldogger was a relatively small part of the overall scene so my eye did not know where to go in the photo.

Comment

Thank you

Appreciate it....still learning every day. Was in the bleachers taking the photo of my son. Have to snap em when I can with him...he hardly stands still

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
          My suggestion would be when shooting kids, or a lot of things for that matter but especially important in little people shots, you want to get down on their level. These would have had a lot more impact had you got down on one knee and shot level with your sons height.
          Composition is important as well. Always keep in mind what else is in the picture. For example, in the photo of the bulldogger trying to get the steer to the ground, the background is as in focus as the main subject so I would recommend throwing the background a little out of focus by opening up your aperture and then also get the subject closer to you. In that photo the bulldogger was a relatively small part of the overall scene so my eye did not know where to go in the photo.

Comment

great pics! Luv um

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Breezy.....appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X