Coon Proof Bucket Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coon Proof Bucket Strategy

I've seen where a number of people put 5 gallon buckets on their protein feeders to keep coons from being able to sit on them. Are you wiring the bucket in place or do you just cut the bottom out and put it around the tube without securing it?

We just cut a hole in it. Looks like this. Works very well.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Rusty! That's what I was hoping for.

Andrew

Comment

We needed the lid at the bottom secured to the bucket also to keep the coons from pushing it aside and being able to still sit on top of the spout. Rusty's spouts have a pretty good angle on them, mine were flat on top. Im the father of this little technique, lol. Feel free to contact me if you need further explanation.

Comment

that spout pictured is the Foreverlast 4 way tube

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            that spout pictured is the Foreverlast 4 way tube
            Same on some All Seasons.

Comment

Thanks for the added input guys. I've got the game winner 3 spout heads from academy and they have the slanted tops like rustys. Should hopefully be good to go. I'll test it and see.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                We needed the lid at the bottom secured to the bucket also to keep the coons from pushing it aside and being able to still sit on top of the spout. Rusty's spouts have a pretty good angle on them, mine were flat on top. Im the father of this little technique, lol. Feel free to contact me if you need further explanation.
                The credit for the idea does lie here. After countless attempts to solve the problem , RTP showed me this simple solution. Beats the smell of dead coons everywhere. You should have patented it!

Comment

I got two feeders out today with buckets on them. I'm putting cameras on them next week to see how the hogs and coons do.

Comment

Working...
                  X