Gave up building a recurve BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave up building a recurve BUT

I've wanted a bow short enough to shoot out of my pop up blind and my longbows are too long at 64". I just finished a new set of limbs for my grandson's belly mounted limb longbow since he grew out of the old limbs. Anyway I can build a 60" longbow with belly mounted limbs that will work and possibly with a little more research get one to 58" that will draw smooth to my 28 1/2" draw length.
    Here is the estimated 60" bow force draw curve for what I'm thinking.

Here is the estimated force draw curve for my grandson's belly mounted long bow compared to the actual measured force draw curve.
    These measurements are based off the amo measuring method. The actual brace height is 9". The estimated bow is close enough to the real thing for me to trust Supertiller
    Supertiller estimated force draw curve.

The actual measured force draw curve.

Comment

Looks like it will work for a 58" bow too but that may be the extent of what I can get out of this unless I increase the limb pad angle.

Comment

I think you'd have better luck with a recurve because a recurve limb doesn't need as long of a "working length" as a longbow. I've had 58" recurves that worked at my 29.5" draw and they measured an actual 54" in overall length - strung.

Comment

Working...
        X