Giving Hogs their Own Setup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving Hogs their Own Setup??

Just a thought but have any of you guys in areas with lots of hogs tried to put up a separate feeder in the opposite direction of say your feeder in a pen or gravity protein feeder to give the hogs their own setup? Could just be a dumb thought but possibly keep the hogs deterred from your other setups?

I thought about feeding them deep in the woods away from my blinds, but then I'm about the only one who has feed pens, and they don't hang long when they come around. Just generally long enough for one of them to bleed.

Comment

I know people that do this and seem to be happy with the result

Comment

We have a separate feeder in a hog pen. To date I have seen exactly 100% more deer (1) and turkey (1) and a 1000% more coons at that feeder than pigs!

It could be location but they just don't seem to care for it.

For reference none of our other feeders have pens/fences around them

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          We have a separate feeder in a hog pen. To date I have seen exactly 100% more deer (1) and turkey (1) and a 1000% more coons at that feeder than pigs!

It could be location but they just don't seem to care for it.

For reference none of our other feeders have pens/fences around them
          I get the same does in my pen the bucks don't seem to care for it though

Comment

I guess I should have geared my question towards the deer. I've seen many deer stop using a feeder if hogs are hitting it heavy. So I'm wondering if you have a feeder in a pen and then a feeder not in a pen 200+ yards away should the deer still use the feeder in the pen or would they still avoid it with the hogs in the area?

Comment

I have several set ups like this. I've killed over 30 this year with my bow. Deer hit the feed pens and occasionally the pig feeders. Pigs hammer the corn under "their" feeders. [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                I have several set ups like this. I've killed over 30 this year with my bow. Deer hit the feed pens and occasionally the pig feeders. Pigs hammer the corn under "their" feeders. [emoji12]
                How far apart?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                  How far apart?

50-100 yards

Comment

You can see the feed pen beyond the feeder here.

Comment

Hogs are like democrats. They go for the easy free stuff without having to work for it. Be sure to include 100lbs of tanerite.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        Hogs are like democrats. They go for the easy free stuff without having to work for it. Be sure to include 100lbs of tanerite.
                        Haha. Will do

Comment

On my place in East tx deer will rarely hit the feeders during season in shooting light. You get away 50-100 yards away close to cover on handcorn they hit pretty regularly. So i keep feeders on in the offseason till july for pigs and then shut off feeders for a month (pigs move away) and start handcorning for deer Aug-Dec.

Comment

Been thinking about the same thing. We had deer then the hogs show up and now way less deer. So build a big 10 panel pen and then setup the unfenced Feeder the other direction from the blind.

Comment

Every set up I have ever had has become a hog set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X