Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow TBH'er killed possible state record????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    ..or after dark? I know one particular Grayson county warden is very unforgiving when it comes to following up and dispatching a wounded deer in that county.
    Forgive my ignorance, but is there an official TPWD position on tracking/dispatching a wounded deer after dark? I've never thought about it, but I'm guessing more than a few have had to do the same. I suppose technically, unless specifically stated otherwise, it would be illegal.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

He is probably not allowed to talk about it until the investigation is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ding Ding Ding Ding....You are the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
          ..or after dark? I know one particular Grayson county warden is very unforgiving when it comes to following up and dispatching a wounded deer in that county.
          I think there have been some hands slapped for using a gun on follow ups in Grayson.

IM NOT SAYING THAT HAPPENED IN THE CASE OF THIS DEER!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Forgive my ignorance, but is there an official TPWD position on tracking/dispatching a wounded deer after dark? I've never thought about it, but I'm guessing more than a few have had to do the same. I suppose technically, unless specifically stated otherwise, it would be illegal.
            I am wondering since Grayson is bow only if its a little different than most counties as far as tracking dogs go and dispatching. I have no idea but I was thinking about that when Courtney posted.

on edit ...looks like adamp covered it.

Comment

Man, I'm in for the end of this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                At this point there isn't a whole lot left out there for discussion is there?
                If you add all the bread crumbs up from the beginning of this thread to right now it seems pretty easy to put together a rough timeline of the events
                So can you summarize it for us then or cut and paste?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

GW told me it's really a judgement call on their part. I've used dogs to track deer and many times it was after dark. I always contacted my local GW and let him know. By the letter the law its illegal according to my local GW. Like I said he has made the judgement calls to allow it when necessary. That being said Grayson County is bow only so they may have a zero tolerance in that county idk

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                    I tell you what... If jumping to conclusions is ever an Olympic event this site here is going to have the team.

I know Travis well. He’s a close friend though we may go months without speaking. He’s a great person. The kind of person that has a water heater sent to your house on Christmas Eve when yours blows up and your down on your luck and out of cash. The kind of guy that send la you and your wife Bibles in the mail for your anniversary. The kind of guy that walks up to a drunk redneck that’s a foot taller, outweighs him but 100lbs, and is clearly drunk and walks him away from the crowd to talk about God.

I know a lot more about this than I will post but this deer was shot 100% legally on 2 separate occasions by Travis. It’s a HUGE deer and anytime HUGE deer come into play in Texas there is always an investigation. It really bothers me the way TPWD handles these mega deer cases. That’s the first time I’ve heard 271” but it was roughed at 278” the day it was recovered. I hope and pray this technicality gets squared away soon and the deer goes back in Travis’s possession WHERE IT BELONGS.
                    Having met Jooger thats all I need to hear. I hope the GW comes to his senses

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                    I just heard the whole story from a very reliable source, I'll only share it with the person who buys my 6000 watt infrared heaters in the classifieds.
                    I'll but the heaters. But I only have a cashiers check from a bank in abu dahbi wrote by a juvenile oil tycoon prince. You cash the check and keep your 20 bucks then return me the rest of the cash.

Sound good?

Comment

If it is bow only county would not you be using a bow for the follow up shot?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        Txblkcld shot a giant.
                        I have pics of the deer from last year.
                        Are you sure it is same deer?

Comment

how much would the restitution charge be on a deer like this if it were taken illegally?

Comment

Hopefully it's this is just a matter of ruling out any possible infractions. I know a couple of D/FW local hunters who scored lifetime bucks and had their stories vetted by game wardens after they caught wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post

Nobody said he used a rifle. It was just an unrelated question when Courtney and Michael talked about dispatching wounded deer in Grayson.

Hell for all we know he got a second shot at the deer another day.

Comment

What are these Bow Only counties being mentioned? I didn't know there was such a thing in Texas. Edumacate me...
                                Originally posted by Killer View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X