Camping Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping Help

OK fellow archer,I need camping help. My daughter in law wants to try camping,so where the best place to take her so she'll have a good time and want to go more? With in 3 hrs of DFW,no farther. Thanks for yalls input..

Yes we will be tent camping,maybe around Thanksgiving and I wana say maybe stay at a state park,so she has access to restroom and shower,plus we will have 3 little ones with us. Grandson is 9 grand daughter is 4 and the youngest grand daughter will be 1
    Last edited by Lightning48; 08-07-2017, 05:35 AM.

When, and what are you using (tent, etc)?

Comment

Sorry Razorback01.. I edited my post to answer your important questions.. Thanks

Comment

Hamm Creek, down by Rio Vista.

Super clean, great playgrounds for the kids, right on the Brazos.

It is run by Johnson county, and they clean the multiple restrooms 4 times a day.

You will not be disappointed.

Comment

Caddo lake is nice

Comment

Also, they have day use spots, with water only.. Which are right on the river,

But I would recommend getting a camper spot, with Electrical plugs, across from a restroom.

That time of year, the park will not be crowded at all.

They only take cash, reservations not required, but suggested.

Comment

I always enjoy Possum Kingdom State Park. I will have to admit, it have been close to 15 years since I camped there, but they had deer to watch, a store for anything you forgot to pack, play areas for the kids and pretty good fishing from the bank. The only place I have been recently, is Purtis Creek SP. It, too, is nice!

Comment

I'd have to agree with BS73, we have boated up to Hamms creek and it looked nice. I'd also recommend Plowman Creek on Whitney, site 12 or 13, however it's a pretty good hike to the restroom. It a tent I wouldn't recommend Kimball Bend, to much noise from the 174 bridge in a tent.

Lake Whitney state park in one of the shelters is also a good stay. Weather gets bad, stay in the shelter. Also shelters at lake Benbrook, Holiday Park if I remember correctly.

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate it.. Keep em coming

Comment

TGils are also good ideas. Most recently of his 2 we stayed at Purtis Creek. Keep in mind that being a holiday weekend I suggest making reservations.

Comment

Meridian State Park.I'd use a screened in shelter.You can still put up a tent if you want.It's nice to have shade,and plug a fan in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mineral Wells State Park is really nice. Great trails, lake and scenery with less traffic than a lot of other parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                          Mineral Wells State Park is really nice. Great trails, lake and scenery with less traffic than a lot of other parks.
                          I also camped at MWSP quite a bit when I did more camping. I'd have to agree on this one too!

Comment

Purtis Creek state park is nice
                            restrooms are super clean
                            tent pads are nice & level
                            multiple fishing docks
                            great swim area

Tyler State park is also very nice-we are headed next week for some R&R

Comment

If you want to go east, Tyler State Park is nice. If you go a little farther, Bob Sandlin is out go to all the time. Nice, clean park with plenty to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X