What's wrong with my Hoyt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with my Hoyt?

Ive got a 2014 Hoyt Faktor 30 and this week it has started making a "click" when I first start to draw back. I don't like my bow to make any noise when I draw so this is driving me crazy. Planning on taking it back to Double G when I get a chance but I figured I would check with the GS in the mean time? I'm pretty sure it's the top cam.

well the first problem is its a hoyt! hahaha jk, i would defiantly take it back, never have heard of such

Comment

I didnt want to say it first. But ya theres your problem

Comment

limb pocket is clicking its not uncommon for hoyts to do that. its an easy fix, mine did it once.

Comment

Thats one of those new features they added so that you know its time to buy this year's new model bow. Happened right on time for the release of the 15's!

On a serious note, hope ya get it fixed soon!

Comment

I agree with limb pockets

Comment

My 2012 crx32 did this. We backed off the limb bolts half a turn then tightened them back down to the original spot. Fixed mine and it hasn't happened since.
              Try it it may save you the trip.

Comment

Yup just wax limb pocket .good for another 2000 shots

Comment

Take it to the shop and have them press the bow just so it takes pressure off the string. Then have them loosen the bolt in the pivot pin and then unpress the bow so pressure is back on the string and tighten the bolt. I had this problem in my Charger and this fixed it. The pivot pin is having some kind of binding in it and this helps unbind/seat it.

Comment

Make sure on your hoyt that you regularly go over all the bolts and snug them down. On the cams and everything. Step brother has one and says if he doesnt it starts to make noise. We had the same issue with our old Hoyt UltraSports. They were notorious for rattling bolts loose.

Comment

I was excited about getting a nitrum���� are Hoyt's good or not???

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                        I was excited about getting a nitrum���� are Hoyt's good or not???
                        If you research limb noise or limb pocket noise you will see that stuff like this happens to a lot of bows. I think this is caused by parts fitting together tightly.

Comment

^^^ ok. I just never had that happen to me. That brown Hoyt Nitrum looks like an awesome bow. We will see. Good luck with your bow. JJ

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys! your making me feel alot better. and if anyone is reading this and wondering if they should pull the trigger on that Hoyt they've had the eye on...well, if i had it to do all over, id do it all over again!

Comment

Yep Hoyt is the problem. Get a Mathews. Good luck this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X