Need new strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new strings

Anyone know if there is a place around Tyler, Nacogdoches, Lufkin, or any of the surrounding areas that can change a string This week? I have an opportunity to shoot a tournament next Monday, but I need a new string.

Korbin's can ship it next day, but it will be over $125. Otherwise they ship USPS and there is no telling how long it will take to get here using standard shipping.

Gander Mountain in Tyler said it would be 2 weeks just to get it in. Thats no good.

Couldnt even get a hold of Academy.

Anyone have any idea if its possible to get one done in a week, or will they all need to special order the strings?

Again, I want to shoot this tournament on the 30th, but I dont trust my current string to make a 30 shot tournament. If I could afford it, Ide buy a new bow, but the wife nixxed that idea.
    Last edited by Bucksaw; 07-22-2012, 05:56 PM.

call Donnie he may have some in stock

Comment

James at Wulf Outdoors in Athens makes the strings at the pro shop there. He's top notch real cool guy

Comment

I really dont want to travel too terribly far. If I drive too far, I might as well get them overnighted from Korbins.

I wont be able to make it down to Bridge City before my trip, but Athens would be on the way. Ill call em over at Wulf tomorrow maybe.

Hopefully it wont take too long to have them replaced. We will be shooting in Amarillo, so it will be a long day anyway.
        Last edited by Bucksaw; 07-22-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Lufkin farm and nursery

Comment

Really??? Seems like an unlikely place for an archery shop, but Ill give em a call too.

Comment

just go with korbins and hope

Comment

Hey man
                CALL tomorrow before 10:00 and the set will be there frid-sat using priority mail.

Comment

Thanks, but the wife vetoed my plans. looks like Im gonna miss the tournament because she said I have to wait till next payday.

You guys know the drill. If momma aint happy...

However, it gives me an oportunity to think a little more about my string colors.
                  Last edited by Bucksaw; 07-23-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Here is what my bow looks like.

Im thinking about possibly white and florescent green with black serving. What do you think?

Comment

White with any flo color looks sick. It may give you a halo around your peep though

Comment

I can get you a set in about 7-10 days and have them installed for $120.00.
                        Call me if you are interested. 903-717-1269

Comment

Working...
                        X