10 yards *picture*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
    Thanks for the advice and motivation. Man I'm going to start looking for a place to hunt bunnies. I sure do like them lightly fried with eggs in the mornings. Any pics of that nuts/wingnut head you're talking about? I'd looked at the Zwickies and they look great but I'm all about making my own goodies if I can.

Richard.
    Ask and ye shall receive. Here is a thread I started and got some great ideas. The final post shows the end result for me. I used 5/32" (I believe) screws, nuts and wing nuts. I had purchased a few different screw lengths and messed with which combinations came out close enough to my desired tip weight. I got very lucky and had a combination that also gave me the right screw length that I could screw into the insert and still have the insert weight on the back end of the insert. Otherwise, I'd have had to cut the screw and use a die kit to clean up the cut thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
      Richard, if you want to build some confidence get some empty small plastic water bottles and spread them around your back yard (if large enough) and shoot them at unknown distances with judo points. Start at roughly 10 yards or so and gradually increase the distances. I like the smaller water bottles as it all ties in with "aim small....miss small". You will be eating lots of bunnies with eggs for breakfast in fairly short order.
      Sounds like a fun little game that I can play with my daughter when her bow arrives. Kind of like Easter Egg hunting.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        Ask and ye shall receive. Here is a thread I started and got some great ideas. The final post shows the end result for me. I used 5/32" (I believe) screws, nuts and wing nuts. I had purchased a few different screw lengths and messed with which combinations came out close enough to my desired tip weight. I got very lucky and had a combination that also gave me the right screw length that I could screw into the insert and still have the insert weight on the back end of the insert. Otherwise, I'd have had to cut the screw and use a die kit to clean up the cut thread.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...mall+game+head

Comment

Working...
        X