Camp Bullis 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1337hunter View Post
    Unfortunately, not everyone shares your respect for the rules or even cares to take the time to find out what the rules are! I can only hope there's an appropriate penalty for such disregard.
    They lose the rest of their whitetail quota.

Comment

I tend to think when the rules are totally ignored, there should be a more severe penalty, like losing your hunting spot altogether. That is, of course, without knowing all the details. Either way, I'm sure they'll handle it appropriately.

Comment

Saturday was my second trip out this season, got a late start and was getting to my stand about 45 minutes late. After about 50 minutes a BIG pig came partially in. Cream colored pig @300#. Stuck its head into my shooting window facing me. 30-30 would have been nice but the longbow was not gonna make that shot. Hitting an eye even at 20 yards is rough with a longbow. Wind started to kick up and swirled, I think he got a snoot full. He was unsure about wanting to leave but did. Rest of the day was just bird watching. I'll be back Friday morning and Saturday Morning this weekend.

Comment

Man, I would have soiled myself staring a 300 lb pig in the face from a blind. They don't seem real friendly. I hope you see it again. Good luck this weekend. I'm hoping to be out for the entire weekend myself.
          Last edited by 1337hunter; 11-24-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I heard something new this morning. Anyone know why I heard an elk like sound?

Comment

the turkeys are trying to trick you? haha good luck to you and anyone else that's out this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by msims6288 View Post
                Could be an axis?

Comment

Lost hunter with a sore throat?

Comment

More then likely Axis.

Comment

I worked as a contractor on Bullis about 5 years ago. I saw a bull and two cow red stag one morning on my drive in. I had heard about them, never truly believed it until I saw them with my own eyes.

Comment

I don't know anything about axis but found this video. Seems like they have the lungs for it. https://youtu.be/5TrOf2cNw-Q

Comment

I don't know, but it was a very distinct bugle. Maybe I dozed off in the blind and dreamed the whole thing.

Anyway, two questions:
                          1: Do I need to make an isportsman account and register my daughter (11) to bring her hunting as a guest?

2: I just bought my first electric smoker, anyone have experience/tips for using it to make jerky?

Comment

Is there any public hunting land around San Antonio that is worth a darn?

Comment

Any luck tonight guys?

Comment

Working...
                              X