Hunting at Belton Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting at Belton Lake

Curious on the hunting prospects around Lake Belton? Wanting to know specifically about deer, turkey, and possibly hog.

Thanks

I only know Granger.

Comment

Two answers:

There are some Corps of Engineers WMAs on Belton Lake that allow hunting of dove and small game. No hunting of deer, turkey, or hog.

Belton Lake does touch Ft. Hood, and non-military can hunt deer, turkey, and hog there. You have to jump through the extra hoops put in place by Ft. Hood Range Control.
      Last edited by NightStalker; 03-27-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Possibly have opportunity to hunt private land backing up to one of the WMAs.

Comment

Call the Fort Hood Sportsman Center at (254) 532-4552.
          Everyone has to have Hunter Certification card, TX State license, Fort Hood Hunting Permit and Range Access card that goes in the vehicle anytime you are on the ranges.

Comment

If it is private land, you should be legal to hunt anything during legal season. Dont know where the tract of land is you may have access to, but in some places there is good hunting around the lake. There is also some really good hunting on Ft.Hood. Follow instructions above.

Comment

There is also waterfowl hunting on some places around the lake. I had a small place years ago that the dove, duck, rabbit, some kind of hunters on the WMA's were shooting like crazy. Initially we thought it would run the deer too us, then we figured out that it was running all wildlife into next county. It was the Owl Creek area FYI.

Comment

When my son was at Ft. Hood, they used to have some fantastic duck hunt on Lake Belton.

Comment

I had a lease not far from there. Pretty good deer and lots of hogs. I would still be on that lease but it sold.

Comment

We have some in morgans point that backs up to lake belton, lots of deer but I've only seen one hog out there my entire life.. I hunted ft hood for a few years, it's some extra hassle to do it but has tons of opportunities.. you are allowed to out stands and feeders out (bow, shotgun, and muzzle loader only) they also offer "guided hunts" where you follow someone to some restricted areas and they put you in a stand (riffle allowed). I killed a couple of nice deer there and bunch of hogs. Like i said it's a hassle and sometimes hunting is limited, donare pretty limited as well, can not shoot them and all areas..

Comment

IDK anything about hunting em but there's deer all over Cedar Ridge park!

Comment

Unfortunately is the Owl Creek WMA not near Cedar Ridge ...

Comment

Way back..........1968, I used to hunt Corps land there. Bowhunt and shotgun, but not any more.

One spot I really, really wished I could get back into to hunt. What a shame.

Comment

Working...
                          X