Fredricksburg hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredricksburg hunting.

Just called about about a lease in fredricksburg. Suppose to look this weekend. Anyone know how the hunting is in or around that area?

I think it would be great. Haven't hunted there but I've seen some great bucks out that way. If you don't mind me asking where did find it? I've been looking hard at all the counties surrounding me and Gillespie county is just to my west. I haven't found anything out that way.

Comment

A buddy of mine got the contact from a friend of his. If for some reason we don't take it i will post the contact info here

Comment

Great thanks.

Comment

Good numbers. Can grow good deer if they're allowed to age. Depending on the area there could be axis and hogs

Comment

I hunt Mason which is north of there about 40 miles. My lease is mld but low fence. I see about 10-15 deer on the high end per sit. Buck:doe ratio pretty close to 1:1 where I am. Lots of deer, turkeys and pigs. Axis around but not tons. Pretty country. Biggest buck I have killed has been a 133 inch 10 point. That's in 4 years. I think the biggest killed on the ranch was just over 160 and last year one of the guys in another pasture killed a 152 inch buck. I love the area and drive from Amarillo to hunt it.

Comment

Hunted a low fence place between Fredericksburg and Johnson city across from lbj rest stop good numbers of white tail and axis. No hogs but that was 2006 killed 2 mature 120 inch bucks and 1 130 inch 8 point.

Comment

I live just outside of Fredericksburg and took this guy on the ranch I live on low fence. Starting out to be a great year again with the rainfall. How long till October
                Attached Files

Comment

My buddy has his lease between there and Kerrville. OMG, the only thing we didn't see was a Rhino and Elephant. Place is/was covered with free rang axis, hogs, turkey, BB and whitetail.

My wife and I counted 81 wt deer in the field we were hunting. I absolutely love that place.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2 View Post
                    I live just outside of Fredericksburg and took this guy on the ranch I live on low fence. Starting out to be a great year again with the rainfall. How long till October

You don't happen to hunt off of 1631 close to hermit hill rd do you?

Comment

Originally posted by aac_shooter View Post
                      You don't happen to hunt off of 1631 close to hermit hill rd do you?
                      No sir 10 miles west.

Comment

I hunted in stonewall, off grape creek road.

We did pretty good, quite a few axis. And tons of whitetail. Place we were on wasnt managed at all and everything was out of whack. But it was still a fun place to hunt none of the less, and got to clean plenty of deer in one season. I'd love to find another place in the area

Comment

Lot of Cougars roaming around.....

Comment

Working...
                          X