Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fox would be awesome

Comment

I was going through my collection of traps last weekend and spent a few minutes sorting through my old muskrat traps from back when I was a kid in NJ and trapped rats, coons and foxes. Check out this old Victor 0 Longspring! These 0's were never really good muskrat traps as they did not have enough weight to quickly drown a muskrat.

We moved down to Houston in 1983 and this trap has not been set since then!(as I upgraded to larger coyote and bobcat traps). The trapper's tag on the chain is still from my old address in NJ!

I thought I would share with the other TBH trappers. Going through my old traps brought back many memories and the fact the traps were waxed resulted in them being well preserved despite sitting up for more than 30 years!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	24419970

Comment

Those little O traps make for good pack rat/wood rat traps at the deer lease, or any other place they show up, my youngest son cut his trapper teeth catching pack rats on their trails between nest.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
          Those little O traps make for good pack rat/wood rat traps at the deer lease, or any other place they show up, my youngest son cut his trapper teeth catching pack rats on their trails between nest.
          I have no doubt they would be perfect. In fact that's what I figured this trap is going to be used for from here on out.... Cause it defibately won't hold a bobcat!!!! I also have some Victor 0 jumps. You talk about cool little traps!!!!

Comment

Any action this weekend?

Comment

Im going to make some sets this weekend

Comment

make sure and post some pictures....I wont really start until the new year. I've caught 3 coons at my feeder and need to clean out a few more. My 6 year old loves to trap them...

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                  make sure and post some pictures....I wont really start until the new year. I've caught 3 coons at my feeder and need to clean out a few more. My 6 year old loves to trap them...

Yes sir I will

Comment

I am hard after the coyotes this year.
                    So far I have 2 coyotes, 1 fox, 1 coon, 1 possum and a skunk

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	24420577

Name:	32.jpg
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	24420578

Name:	31.jpg
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	24420579

Comment

Nice work Buff.... I threw out 2 deer skulls the other day and put a game cam on them. Had 3 different coyotes come in that night. Not sure how much longer i can wait. Think i might have to put a trap out or two

Comment

nice pics

Comment

I need a little help.

I have been trapping to keep the coyotes off of our goats. I have used a foot trap that was recommended. It is a circle foot trap about 6-7" in diameter. I am staking it down with a 18" rebar stake I bought from snareshop. I am staking it down directly beneath the trap and pushing the head of the stake about 2 inches under the dirt. I am baiting it with domestic dog dropping and a coyote mating scent I bought at Bass Pro shops. In the past month I have had the two traps set 6 times. Two had the coyote still in it, one stole the entire setup, the other three he didn't get caught. My bait is working.

My questions are:
                          What traps should I buy? I had two, now I have one.
                          What should I stake it down with. I lost one trap with the rebar and another almost came out.
                          I am setting up my trap so they come to it in a certain direction. Which side of the trap should be towards the coyote, the free jaw of the trap or the jaw with the trigger?

Thanks, All I know came from websites and youtube.
                          Last edited by stinkbelly; 12-16-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Management Advantage has some really good trapping videos on YouTube.

What sort of sets have you been making? Dirt hole sets are pretty easy to make, and with a few sticks or rocks you can guide them to put their foot where you want. A cactus, brush pile, log, fence post, etc. can be used as 'backing', giving you more control of which way the approach the set.

Comment

Hey guys just found this. Got a good story for yall
                              Guy called me the other day wanting me to trap his place. Next to my uncles place. He is raising goats. Well we found coyote tracks. I set a few traps 3 I think. Well bulldozer an shredder showed the day after an ran over my traps haha thay sucked. Well I reset an man nothing showed up couldn't find any more tracks but kept looking an just left those 3 sets. Finally caught a Coon in one an reset it an a skunk in the other I shot him an left it throwed. Next day as I was pulling up I saw the Lil mesquite going nuts but no wind. This is whay was waiting for me
                              I thought it was a young male but it wasn't but a very poor yote but he was caught lol an since no tracks seen. But still have traps out total of maybe a week of trapping makes you feel good to so that

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                                Management Advantage has some really good trapping videos on YouTube.

What sort of sets have you been making? Dirt hole sets are pretty easy to make, and with a few sticks or rocks you can guide them to put their foot where you want. A cactus, brush pile, log, fence post, etc. can be used as 'backing', giving you more control of which way the approach the set.
                                I am using dog droppings with mating scent. I am using a backing so they come in from the correct direction.

My questions are:
                                What traps should I buy? I had two, now I have one.
                                What should I stake it down with. I lost one trap with the rebar and another almost came out.
                                I am setting up my trap so they come to it in a certain direction. Which side of the trap should be towards the coyote, the free jaw of the trap or the jaw with the trigger?

Comment

Working...
                                X