Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard

I borrowed this from a 1970 publication found while clearing out my late aunt’s things. Just thought I’d share.

AN INFIDEL had just completed an eloquent address to a large audience. “And now, does anyone have any questions?” he asked.

An old man who had been a drunkard most of his life, but who had recently become a Christian, shuffled down the aisle and ascended the platform. Taking an orange from his pocket, he began to peel it.
    The lecturer asked him to state his question, but the old man just went on peeling his orange and eating it section by section. Finally, wiping his hands on his pocket handkerchief, the old man turned to the lecturer and said, “Now, here’s my question. Can you tell me, was that orange sour or sweet?
    “Idiot!” retorted the lecturer in anger. “How do I know? I never tasted it!” To this, the elderly man replied, “And how can you know anything about Christ if you never tasted Him?” The Bible says, “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
    The real satisfaction of the Christian faith—forgiveness of sins,peace,joy, and hope—can be understood and appreciated only by those who believe. “O taste and see that the Lord is good,” the Bible urges. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.”

Amen!

Comment

Working...
    X