Drawn for Granger archery hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawn for Granger archery hunt

I was drawn for the Archery only hunt at Granger. The hunt period is from Nov 9-12th. Anyone else get drawn for this hunt? Anyone got any advice for hunting out at Granger? I've never been, but here there are some great deer out there and tons of hogs.

I will be there in December. I have hunted there several times and have seen some nice bucks, but just havent connected. You will have a good time. Good luck.

Comment

Just as I figured. Our group got drawn for a hunt 1-3 to 1-7 you early guys will have already had your pick. Oh well good luck to y'all anyway, this is the first time we entered the drawing and we do get a hunt. I did not think that we would get to hunt at all, so I am happy to get drawn. Again, good luck guys, I hear that there are some monster bucks there!

Comment

I killed this buck at Granger in 98'.
        Last edited by Montec man; 12-16-2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbabowhunter View Post
          Just as I figured. Our group got drawn for a hunt 1-3 to 1-7 you early guys will have already had your pick. Oh well good luck to y'all anyway, this is the first time we entered the drawing and we do get a hunt. I did not think that we would get to hunt at all, so I am happy to get drawn. Again, good luck guys, I hear that there are some monster bucks there!
          I went to Granger twice last year, November 9th and the week you got drawn for on standby. Don't get discourgaged, I seen AWESOME bucks both trips, and had shot opportunites both times. Only differance between the two hunts was it was warm the first hunt and colder than blazes the second.

Comment

Good luck to everyone who were drawn for the later hunts. There will still be plenty of nice deer in January, minus the big one I plan on bagging. I hope we are all able to harvest a trophy like Montec.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement heartshot. This is my first experience with drawn hunts so I did not know what to expect on hunting pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by sector420 View Post
                Good luck to everyone who were drawn for the later hunts. There will still be plenty of nice deer in January, minus the big one I plan on bagging. I hope we are all able to harvest a trophy like Montec.
                Good luck on getting that big one and yeah, I would love to have a buck like Montecs hanging on the wall!

Comment

In my opinion, this was the nicest typical taken off the area. It was 2001 and I think the gentleman's name was Mike Smith. Came within and inch or two of making book.

Comment

Unfortunately, this one was poached. It scored around 170" as well.

Comment

G-deer

Smith's buck would make the Awards List for B&C (160-170 net) - misses 170 net all-time list by an inch or so.

Comment

Originally posted by bioyak View Post
                        Smith's buck would make the Awards List for B&C (160-170 net) - misses 170 net all-time list by an inch or so.
                        Trey,
                        Do you have a picture of the big palmated buck that was taken on the 98' muzzleloader hunt? I thing Scott Stassney shot in while hunting standby in compartment E. I'd love to see that thing again.

Jeff

Comment

picture

Not sure they will let me post pictures since I have no antlers yet - let me do a couple hundred "way to go's" on everyone's threads. Not a great picture - pre-digital camera days. TREY
                          Attached Files

Comment

The picture worked Trey. That was one awesome buck. I had seen several really big ones in the compartment he was killed in that year while hog hunting, but I had no idea he was in there.

Comment

There's no deer or hogs at Granger!

Comment

Working...
                              X