Long bow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long bow question

I have a long bow I haven't shot in a while because it developed a little bit of a twist. Is there any way to straighten it. It wont hold the string on top. Or should I just invest in a new one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What kind of longbow I’ve never seen a twisted glass longbow usually it’s recurve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
      What kind of longbow I’ve never seen a twisted glass longbow usually it’s recurve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'm curious too.

A deep core longbow is a tough feller to twist.

Rick

Comment

I’d let it go and get another. I’ve never seen a longbow limb twist, so I’d imagine it’d have to be pretty tweaked for that to happen.

Comment

Same principles can be used to fix a longbow

Though rare it can happen

Comment

Is it possible the top loop of the string is too large for the top string groove?

Comment

The only time I've ever seen a limb twist is when someone was using the step-through method to string a bow. ALWAYS USE A STRINGER to string your bow. (Keeps the limbs straight and is the safest way to string a bow.)

Comment

Are you stringing it the right way? I have to ask...because...Ive done it. I strung my Bear 1954 Polar Longbow backwards and it wouldnt hold the string. Rick politely showed me my error.

The several day hard freeze this past winter zapped and twisted my longbow I was keeping in the garage. Got it ironed out.

Good luck.

Comment

im not sue what brand bow it is off hand im out of state at work. I know when I got it it was fine. but then it sat for a long time and the last time I tried stringing it I noticed it was twisted (could visibly tell) I will check out the youtube video thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                  X