Savage Axis vs. Savage Model 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage Axis vs. Savage Model 10

I'm looking at getting a 243 caliber in either the axis or model 10. I realize the axis doesn't have the accutrigger. Anyone out there have either of these and is the accutrigger really worth it in your opinion? I haven't shot either just wondering what you guys think.

Comment

Re: Savage Axis vs. Savage Model 10

Love my 11

Comment

Originally posted by Matteo View Post
        LOL. Tell me what your really think. I like that short and to the point. Pretty persuasive to me

Comment

The 10 will be a little better in all respects. Accuracy, trigger, barrel, stock, everything will be better. I really really like the accutrigger but some people don't. My old savage would make a clover leaf group easily.

Comment

I own a 10 and just got an axis 25-06. I like the feel of the axis,, necked down stock and shapely forend. Both are very accurate

Comment

I'm not a savage fan. But is there even ANY comparison?

Comment

Love my model 14. Really when it gets down to it if I could afford the jump up I would do it but from what I have read from the "experts (feild and stream and such places)" the axis is one of the best rifles for the money.
                Again I haven't shot an axis and I love my 14 (which I bought used and still shoots better than me.)

Comment

get the accutrigger

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                    LOL. Tell me what your really think. I like that short and to the point. Pretty persuasive to me
                    I have a 12 that can put 5 thru a jagged hole at 100. if you want pics I can text or email you. do u reload?

Comment

The axis replaced the stevens 200line, but it isnt an old 110 anything. Its kind of like a really good shooting 770 compared to a 700. There isnt much comparison other than the mfr.

Comment

Good info guys. I'm considering one for predator hunting but also an alternative for deer hunting for my son when gets old enough to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Matteo View Post
                          I have a 12 that can put 5 thru a jagged hole at 100. if you want pics I can text or email you. do u reload?
                          No I don't reload.

Comment

I have/had the axis in 223. I could shoot 1/2" groups with cheap ammo. Its a descent gun for the price. The only reason i bought it was for the action. It’s now a 300 blackout. The trigger is not the best...

If there’s not much of a price difference between the axis and the 10 i would go with the 10

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                              I have/had the axis in 223. I could shoot 1/2" groups with cheap ammo. Its a descent gun for the price. The only reason i bought it was for the action. It’s now a 300 blackout. The trigger is not the best...

If there’s not much of a price difference between the axis and the 10 i would go with the 10
                              I'm having trouble finding a 10 model. I did see one thru Gander Mountain on their used gun list priced at $400 for a synthetic. This was gun only. The Axis runs $280 new for the synthetic as bare gun at Academy.

Anyone know what the Savage 10 model runs new?

Comment

Working...
                              X