Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Referr back to the above^^^^^
    I used to sell insurance but I still dont agree. Why am I subsidizing the costs of a hurricane in Houston? Im hundreds of miles away. My risk for hurricane damage is way way less than Houston. People who live in high risk areas should be responsible for higher insurance premiums to support these issues...not the entire state of Texas

Comment

Ill trade your insurance premium increase for my property tax increase next year- Got a deal in mail my raw land went from $32k and acre to right at $55k and acre. Wish someone would give me that for it

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
        Bank requires that I have insurance. Not everybody can afford to pay cash for their house, thus borrowing money. So it’s safe to say I can’t afford to self insure either. It’s a matter of you need it, they have it and can charge what they want. At least I can shop around though.
        So what you're saying is that if your home is destroyed by a fire or something you can't afford the $100k+ to rebuild it, but you're complaining about a couple thousand dollars to make sure that you're not left homeless with a mortgage on a home you can no longer live in? Makes sense.

Has anyone complaining about insurance premiums on here not seen any of the recent hail damage threads in THE DALLAS AREA?? Dallas gets hammered every year, and people act like it's Houston causing the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          I used to sell insurance but I still dont agree. Why am I subsidizing the costs of a hurricane in Houston? Im hundreds of miles away. My risk for hurricane damage is way way less than Houston. People who live in high risk areas should be responsible for higher insurance premiums to support these issues...not the entire state of Texas
          There are many more auto, hail related claims than hurricane claims.
          Wonder how many folks from houston took to TBH to gripe about auto insurance going up when they had increases when the huge hail storms took out north and central tx in 2014-15.....my guess, a bunch.
          It all balances out.

Comment

If you were only paying 450 and now paying 900 for a 2200sqft home i think your doing really really good.
            Something does not see right
            my deductible is 1%, his is 3%. that is the reason i am guessing. they know that anything less than ~$10K and he is paying his own way. very few things would go over that (even a new with some depreciation may not).

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              So what you're saying is that if your home is destroyed by a fire or something you can't afford the $100k+ to rebuild it, but you're complaining about a couple thousand dollars to make sure that you're not left homeless with a mortgage on a home you can no longer live in? Makes sense.

Has anyone complaining about insurance premiums on here not seen any of the recent hail damage threads in THE DALLAS AREA?? Dallas gets hammered every year, and people act like it's Houston causing the problems.
              X2

Way too much logic in this one post.

Some of you'll will complain about anything. Few thousand worth of premium for a home worth a couple hundred thousand. Heck, I would wager many here spend more on an annual deer lease fee than their homeowners insurance. Shop around if you don't like the premium or own your home outright and Self Insure.

Let's also not forget disasters happen all around the state. Tornados and hail in Dallas, wild fires in the north west areas, etc. Even in Houston last year, contrary to what many believe, the majority of homes did not flood during Harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                I didn’t file a claim and actually have never filed a auto claim.

It’s a freaking racket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                It's not just about whether you filed a claim. It's the total pool of insured filing claims. If they get a bunch of claims, the cost of the pool goes up.

Comment

Insurance is a business - they are there to make money.

If they pay out more money - they will make you pay more money.

Comment

There are several agents here on the GS. With various companies spread out across the state. Every county has a different risk "rating" (for lack of better terms). For instance... I cant close a home in Tarrant, Denton and Rockwall Counties due to the pricing. But Autos in Ellis, Johnson, Hill, Navarro, Henderson, Smith, Gregg and Cherokee Counties.... I can cut them by 30-50%.

At the end of the day we all pay the piper. Its not about the cheapest policy but the best policy that suits your needs. My farmer/rancher in Central Texas that has hundreds of acres, tons of equipment and 5 vehicles has a different need than the guy in the apartment driving the new lifted truck in Dallas or the run down trailer house with the beater car in east texas.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                      X2

Way too much logic in this one post.

Some of you'll will complain about anything. Few thousand worth of premium for a home worth a couple hundred thousand. Heck, I would wager many here spend more on an annual deer lease fee than their homeowners insurance. Shop around if you don't like the premium or own your home outright and Self Insure.

Let's also not forget disasters happen all around the state. Tornados and hail in Dallas, wild fires in the north west areas, etc. Even in Houston last year, contrary to what many believe, the majority of homes did not flood during Harvey.
                      Exactly right, people just need to put things in perspective.
                      Freakin home and auto cost up to hundreds of thousands to replace and yet someone else is willing to take on that risk for pennies.
                      Deer leases come and go and cost as much or more than all the protection of their financial future

Comment

Exactly right, people just need to put things in perspective.
                        Freakin home and auto cost up to hundreds of thousands to replace and yet someone else is willing to take on that risk for pennies.
                        Deer leases come and go and cost as much or more than all the protection of their financial future
                        And lets not even bring up life insurance!!! Debit load of hundreds of thousands of dollars but $200 a month is "outrageous"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                          And lets not even bring up life insurance!!! Debit load of hundreds of thousands of dollars but $200 a month is "outrageous"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

What I’m saying is my rates shouldn’t be affected by other folks’ mishap. A natural disaster happens a everybody gets a rate increase. If I had the money to pay it off I wouldn’t have borrowed the money. What about that don’t you understand? I would own my home outright. I would imagine a lot of folks share my “misfortune” of not having the money to pay my house off.... if they did they’d prolly not have a mortgage either paying all that interest.

Comment

People that complain usually will complain about everything. I have always said "if you hate insurance and the insurance companies, self insure". The insurance companies are not holding a gun to your head making you buy insurance. Its the state requiring you to purchase liability and the banks requiring you to protect the home that they own and let you live in. Once the house is paid off drop the insurance and carry absolute state minimums on the auto liability. Or buy only what you can pay cash for. Geez
                              Last edited by Head Hunter; 04-11-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                                What I’m saying is my rates shouldn’t be affected by other folks’ mishap. A natural disaster happens a everybody gets a rate increase. If I had the money to pay it off I wouldn’t have borrowed the money. What about that don’t you understand? I would own my home outright. I would imagine a lot of folks share my “misfortune” of not having the money to pay my house off.... if they did they’d prolly not have a mortgage either paying all that interest.
                                Someday you will pay off a home, are you going to drop the insurance on day the last payment is made?

Comment

Working...
                                X