No announcement yet.

Semi Live Lake Meredith Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked, quail season is open today. That is most likely what you are hearing, if the shots are not coming from the direction of the lake.

Comment

We just finished hiking out. Didn’t see any movement at all this morning. Gonna head into town for ibuprofen and some caffeine. Then see if we want to try and sit somewhere archery only or head back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well. We decided to head back. Learned a lot on this trip.
        1. Hike in from the north on the tops of the canyons if we want to make it to Evans. We tried coming in from the south. You have to either hike to the top of the ridge (which wasn’t going to happen with the sled and our pack) or hike in the bottoms. There were not real trails so bushwhacking all the way just did not happen.
        2. Get in better shape. I’m in ok shape. I beat the young guys on the physical fitness test for my National Guard unit. I still need to be in better shape.
        3. Need to get a tripod for my spotting scope. I have the one that came with it but it wasn’t really set up for sitting on a mountain. Need to get one with extendable legs. This way I can set it up in front of my and have a steady platform to glass every lil nook and cranny.

Comment

So did y’all see much of anything? Whitetail or mulie?

Comment

Didn’t see anything at all. Other than a couple coyotes.

Comment

Working...
            X