Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the post with the tbh’er 271” deer go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Let me put it this way...

I don't know Travis' side of the story and I haven't talked to him, but I'd stake my reputation, and that of this site, on it being the truth.
    Yep. This sure sounds like a bad apple in the GW ranks to me. The vast majority of GWs I've ever met have been great folks. But every now and then there's a real jerk that slips into the uniform somehow that loves to flaunt and abuse his "power".

Comment

I don't know Travis' side of the story and I haven't talked to him, but I'd stake my reputation, and that of this site, on it being the truth.
      I think alot of this speculation and theorizing would go away if "Travis" would make a statement-----clear the record---whether he was right or wrong. The alleged charges against him with a picture of TBH on his shirt----I think he owes the story (from the horses mouth) to this group.

Same situation as the de-boned deer citation a few years back----the TBH'er explained to the group--admitted the mistake and moved on ---- Sounds like alot of you guys know this guy and I think you should ask him to clear it up!!

Comment

I hope he's cleared. If not, let's hope it was a mistake and they cut him a break. I don't know if that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
          I think alot of this speculation and theorizing would go away if "Travis" would make a statement-----clear the record---whether he was right or wrong. The alleged charges against him with a picture of TBH on his shirt----I think he owes the story (from the horses mouth) to this group.

Same situation as the de-boned dear citation a few years back----the TBH'er explained to the group--admitted the mistake and moved on ---- Sounds like alot of you guys know this guy and I think you should ask him to clear it up!!
          It would be stupid for him to get online and start posting about it while the GWs are investigating, especially if the main GW is a jerk and possibly trying to twist everything into a violation somehow. He doesn't owe the internet an explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            These kind of blanket all encompassing negative state of TBH posts are just as bad as the few kicking a man when he's down posts....imo

I've seen FAR more support for Travis on both threads than I have seen kicking him....especially the first one. And then there is discussion of speculation and information........

Truth!

TBH is still a band of bowhunters. This is still the greatest internet group there is. There's not a close 2nd. Some of the best folks in Texas are members here.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
              I've been on tbh for 17+ years

used to be the first place i'd come for advice, help and just conversation from my brothers.

this has become the kick the guy when he's down forum, disagree to be disagreeable, argue to hear yourself.

really quite sad . . . i've always said anti hunters don't need to work that hard to beat us. We will do it to ourselves.

An old tbh veteran with an epic Fail Post...

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                It would be stupid for him to get online and start posting about it while the GWs are investigating. He doesn't owe the internet an explanation.
                Maybe it is stupid----but aside from the law/lawyers deal---the TRUTH is the TRUTH. If he's guilty then he knows it and telling the truth here shouldn't hurt him any more than if he did wrong (or right for that matter)

Comment

I can respect that, it's a pretty bold statement. I really hope this guy gets vindicated in this ordeal, he seems like a good guy just caught in a bad spot. Could have been any of us.

Comment

Maybe it is stupid----but aside from the law/lawyers deal---the TRUTH is the TRUTH. If he's guilty then he knows it and telling the truth here shouldn't hurt him any more than if he did wrong (or right for that matter)
                    Agreed. But if the GW is trying to twist everything Travis says into a violation, then he doesn't need to say anything at all until all the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                      I've been on tbh for 17+ years

used to be the first place i'd come for advice, help and just conversation from my brothers.

this has become the kick the guy when he's down forum, disagree to be disagreeable, argue to hear yourself.

really quite sad . . . i've always said anti hunters don't need to work that hard to beat us. We will do it to ourselves.
                      I've only been apart of the group for six years and I agree with you 100%! Character has been revealed in these threads and I have lost a lot of respect for some people. The majority of people here are awesome and genuine, yet there are a few bad apples that let their egotistical opinions represent us hunters without an unwarranted conscent. Keep it clean guys, we're better than this.

Comment

Comment

2 quick questions:

What do you think his attorney has instructed him to do regarding this case & social media?

Do you think he should follow his attorney’s advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            These kind of blanket all encompassing negative state of TBH posts are just as bad as the few kicking a man when he's down posts....imo

I've seen FAR more support for Travis on both threads than I have seen kicking him....especially the first one. And then there is discussion of speculation and information........
                            Suck up!
                            By all accounts Travis is a wonderful guy. Hope this works out for him. Awesome deer

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                              2 quick questions:

What do you think his attorney has instructed him to do regarding this case & social media?

Do you think he should follow his attorney’s advice?
                              He can follow his attorneys advice or he can do whats right and tell us the story --- there is a difference.

Again if he's guilty so be it --- we'll move on. If not then everyone wins

Comment

Here is my view, I hope this deer is returned to the hunter and he lives the rest of his life looking at it on his wall! No Dog in this Fight, So I hope it’s lands in the hands of the hunter instead of The Poaching Trailer at The TTHA Show! Let the Cards play out.

Comment

Working...
                                X