Opening a Restuarant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening a Restuarant?

A friend and I are thinking about opening a restaurant here in town and I was looking for some input from y'all. We would do mostly grilled meat/ BBQ. When y'all go into a restaurant what makes you want to come again besides the food? Are there any people out there that own or have owned a restaurant that have some do's and dont's?
    Thanks, Sam

excellent service. The people working for you are direct representatives of you.

Comment

My stepmom has a cafe and she is always there talking and checking on things.
      You need to have good food, reasonable prices and make people feel at home.

Comment

#1 for me is the food. I've eaten in some hole in the wall joints that had amazing food and always went back. I've been nice places with average food and never thought about going back.

Comment

I equate the cleanliness of the restroom with the cleanliness of the kitchen. If I go into a place with a dirty restroom, I figure they take as much care in the kitchen.

Comment

I want good food, but I will keep coming back if it has a good atmosphere. Of course, the atmosphere will depend on the purpose for my meal. E.g., a lunch spot with picnic tables or a romantic date spot with candles. Am I going to go there to just sit and have a beer and appetizers? If so, I need some TV's to watch sports.

Comment

Hot babes in bikinis serving chicken wings.

And what they said.

Comment

Good food, good service and sanitation. Any one of those three items missing and I won't be back.

Good luck to yall, it’s not an easy endeavor!

Comment

ill work there sam! im sure good food isnt a problem with your cooking skills!! i would focus on good service

Comment

Originally posted by Hawg Slayer 4 View Post
                    ill work there sam! im sure good food isnt a problem with your cooking skills!! i would focus on good service
                    Move on down to Brenham and I'll hire you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowmansam View Post
                      Move on down to Brenham and I'll hire you!!!
                      done!

Comment

I wish you luck!

Comment

kids meals that come with a drink, no prebreaded chicken fried steak, GOOD french fies, hand battered onion rings, don't be skimpy on anything, NEVER serve cold food, good iced tea, use my fajita recipe (see recipes) and you should be very successful.

Comment

quality food is number one, close second is service/friendly staff. I like a place where I can joke around with my waitress/waiter and they get it and joke back, it makes me feel like I am wanted and needed and not just someone that is there to eat. Next is location, good locations are everything

Comment

Make real sweet tea. It never comes out right if you try to sweeten it cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X