No announcement yet.

Possible Cure for Moultrie Cam "SD CARD LOCKED" Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess i'm lucky with that problem. the problem i have with my 200 is that the flash disables the camera. with error check flash appearing. it works perfect when i cut the flash off and have it on the security setting. does anyone have any ideas about what to do there?

Comment

Wow, I thought I was the only one having this problem! Thanks for the tip Double L. I'll remember this when I check my camera after the morning hunt. I have been doing the 'Biggs' routine the past couple of weeks when the problem started. lol

Comment

I will remember that. I have a 200 that is still going. Its been the best Moultrie TC to date. Hope it keeps going, its on my feeder now since I had to pull and replace my I40 last weekend.

Comment

I have been having this problem too. Last time I had it set out for a few weeks and was all excited about checking it, only to find the dreaded "SD CARD LOCKED" message! I will try the eraser thing. Can you see the oxidation on the sd card?

Comment

I didn't get my 200 with the "SD card locked" message set up at the lease yet. However my other 200 that has been working didn't take one picture....display read 000/0000 when I checked it. I pulled the card and checked it and the display was correct....no pictures. I turned it off and back on and it took 2 pictures before I left the area. Hopefully when I check it this weekend I will have some pics to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by dr730 View Post
              I have been having this problem too. Last time I had it set out for a few weeks and was all excited about checking it, only to find the dreaded "SD CARD LOCKED" message! I will try the eraser thing. Can you see the oxidation on the sd card?
              No, the contacts look fine to the naked eye. Give it a try and hopefully it will help.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I have really liked this camera...when it works. Nothing worse than looking forward to checking your cam for a few weeks and seeing errors when you show up!

Comment

My Homebrew with a D-380 never gave me a problem.

Hi, cousin Larry!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    My Homebrew with a D-380 never gave me a problem.

Hi, cousin Larry!
                    Hi cousin Keith! How's the back doing?

My homebrew didn't either....but the dang things ate batteries like no tomorrow. One of the lcd screens bit the dust and the IR slave flash went out on the other. I combined the good camera and good flash but haven't put it back out at the lease due to the battery issue. These Moultries would be great if they would just work. The rechargable battery and solar panel work great. I need to find out what to do to get a rechargable and solar panel on my homebrew.

Comment

double L my camera does the same things... Sd card locked and 000\0000 pics and it also appears to work sometime until says 000\1112 pics until the motion sensor goes off and then it says sd card locked I have tried everything besides taking the cam apart.. got any ideas

Comment

Short of throwing it out in the middle of the road and letting someone run over it....no. The eraser thing was just something that I tried that got mine taking pictures again.....still unproven as to how long that would last.

Comment

double L I have the same problems.... my cam says sd card locked and it also says 000\0000 sometime I dunno but them other times it says 000\1112 and seems like it would work fine until the motion sensor goes off and then it flashes on the screen sd card locked.. and suggestions

Comment

More Trail Card Lock

D55IRXT
                            Hogs gave it a good working over, rained in it lost some of the led flash bulbs.

Just cleaned everything put in new batteries reprogrammed and put clean card in...boom "TRAIL CARD LOCKED". This not the first time I have had this happen, but this time I pulled the card out with the cam on and it came up no card, just stuck card back in and good to go.

I saw the post 0000/0000, this is number of pics / max number of pics card will hold.

These cams have been real good to me (6 total IR's & IRXT)

Hope this helps someone.

RR

Comment

Me and my brother got a race track for Christmas one year. When the cars started slowing down out came the erasers! Mom got tired of buying us pebciks..
                              :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Roger_Roger View Post
                                D55IRXT
                                Hogs gave it a good working over, rained in it lost some of the led flash bulbs.

Just cleaned everything put in new batteries reprogrammed and put clean card in...boom "TRAIL CARD LOCKED". This not the first time I have had this happen, but this time I pulled the card out with the cam on and it came up no card, just stuck card back in and good to go.

I saw the post 0000/0000, this is number of pics / max number of pics card will hold.

These cams have been real good to me (6 total IR's & IRXT)

Hope this helps someone.

RR

I'm having this issue with the same camera.
                                Can't get it to work at all

Comment

Working...
                                X