5200 Miles and No Hunting.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5200 Miles and No Hunting.......

Well I ended last year and began the New Year on the road driving. Wanted my mom to come spend Christmas with us here in Texas and she won't fly. So I drove up to Virginia, picked her up and drove back. I just go home yesterday afternoon from taking her back up to VA. My whole family really enjoyed having Grandma here for Christmas. I'm just getting way too old for that kind of driving.....

Really hope all have you had a Wonderful Christmas and that New Year will be fruitful and your arrows will fly straight and true.

You are a fine man.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
      Really hope all have you had a Wonderful Christmas and that New Year will be fruitful and your arrows will fly straight and true.
      Back at ya, Derek!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
        Well I ended last year and began the New Year on the road driving. Wanted my mom to come spend Christmas with us here in Texas and she won't fly. So I drove up to Virginia, picked her up and drove back. I just go home yesterday afternoon from taking her back up to VA. My whole family really enjoyed having Grandma here for Christmas. I'm just getting way too old for that kind of driving.....

ya done good...
        we useto do the same up to PA. know that road real well...

Comment

Spending time with the family is better than a day or few of hunting. Long road trip or not.

Comment

Yea, us guys will do anything for Momma! Your a good son Derek!

Comment

No kidding, what a trip. I bet your mother had the time of her life. That's what it's all about.

Comment

That's a good boy. Family is the most important thing in our lives.

Comment

Mom had a blast and it is the most time we have been able to spend together since I join the Air Force when I was 18. It is tough to drive that far, but my son has already said he will do it next time.

Comment

Many blessings to you sir.

Comment

Good man

Comment

Good for you, a good son. You might see if she would take Amtrak next time. I love train travel.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the good woods. Oh and she also said no to travelling by train or bus. She just didn't want to travel alone and specially not this time of year. We looked into me flying up there and then both of flying back, but in the end went the cheapest route of my driving. Had some big unexpected bills in Dec. and that played a big role in our decision on how to get mom down here for Christmas. All the driving was worth it and so were my aches. Besides I got a chance to go to West Virginia and meet up with a new bowyer and now have a new Trad Friend. So to say the least everything worked out very well.

Comment

That's awesome!!! May the New Year be blessed for you!!!

Comment

Well you met a new friend/ bowyer that's cool. Did y'all teach each other something? Oh yes. I bet you you learned something about your mom on that trip. I know that my mom can talk a wild turkey tame, getting sleepy would not be a problem, lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X