Boat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat Question

Saw a 25-30 ft center console in the way home tonight. (North of Metromess) Anyway, it has 3 outboards on it. Any reason to have one of those on a lake in this area?
    Also, what is the purpose of 3 motors? Obviously more power. Better fuel mileage? Longer offshore range?
    Just don’t see many of those up here.

Not sure why someone would have 3 motors on a boat for lake fishing. But, going offshore, way offshore, I think most want two motors. Or, someone with another boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
      Saw a 25-30 ft center console in the way home tonight. (North of Metromess) Anyway, it has 3 outboards on it. Any reason to have one of those on a lake in this area?
      Also, what is the purpose of 3 motors? Obviously more power. Better fuel mileage? Longer offshore range?
      Just don’t see many of those up here.
      I doubt it was 25-30. You don’t see trips on 25-30. Probably more like 35+. And at that size, it takes trips to be able to run at a reasonable cruise RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        I doubt it was 25-30. You don’t see trips on 25-30. Probably more like 35+. And at that size, it takes trips to be able to run at a reasonable cruise RPM.
        It might have been that long, hard to tell as I was headed north and he was headed south. I did notice that it didn’t look cheap.

Comment

Not terribly uncommon to see quads. 38'-42' or so with 4 300-350hps. Crazy for sure

Comment

Originally posted by DBLHKUP View Post
            Not terribly uncommon to see quads. 38'-42' or so with 4 300-350hps. Crazy for sure
            I fished on a boat with quads for a couple years. It sucked. Sure, it was fast which was nice when it was flat, but the gulf is almost never flat. It would run 80, though.

Comment

Working...
            X