Best concert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
    Suicidal Tendencies at a small club in Norfolk VA. Circa 94 I believe.
    They opened for Slayer a few years ago at ACL Live which is in my opinion the perfect venue. Muir has still got it.

Comment

Old Crow Medicine Show at the Hall of Fame in College Station. Them boys were coked out of their minds, taking breaks and running backstage about every 20 minutes it seemed like. But man, they absolutely rocked that ****.

Comment

The Eagles played a four hour show at a private party I went to. Guy hosting the party said he paid them $1 million to play. It was awesome. Frankie Valli played before the Eagles started.

Comment

ZZ Top Velcro Fly tour in late 80's and Great White/Whitesnake late 80's I think.

Best seats for a concert 3 row George Strait Tacoma Dome

Comment

Eagles at Texas Stadium in 1994 followed closely by ZZ Top Eliminator Tour at Reunion in the mid 80s.
            Last edited by ScottFW; 03-08-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
              Most memorable one for me was George Jones with Ray Charles in a small venue in Tyler. The one I most enjoyed was Cheap Trick with AcDc in Nacogdoches.
              I bet that show in Tyler was very memorable!

Comment

Pink Floyd

Comment

Wife and I went to Floores a couple years ago to see one of our favorites Jason Boland. He was great as always but the real surprise was Jarrod Birmingham who opened for him. Had never heard of Jarrod before but by the end of the show I was buying all his albums on iTunes. Have never went from not knowing of someone to being such a big fan after 1 show.

Comment

GNR November 2017 in Las Vegas - 3 hours and 20 minutes with only a 5 minute break. Melt-your-face-off rock n roll.
                    Also, I saw AC/DC about 13-14 years ago in SA. My ears are still ringing from that one.

Comment

KISS and Motley Crue was pretty awesome.

Comment

Most memorable ones are the multi-day events like chilifest in snook tx etc. Sleeping in tents, waking up in other people's tents, making lots of friends and byob. That used to be a yearly tradition in college.

Besides that I like the other all day events like ozzfest, Metallica was a great show. Garth Brooks was really good and I don't even care for him but a great concert.

Comment

Texas Jamms were epic

Comment

Originally posted by ktjones View Post
                            Jason Boland, 2012 or so. Solo acoustic set at Main Street Crossing in Tomball. He played a Real Life Music radio show. Played and sang 'til the crowd had to go home. It was a Wednesday, I think we left at 12:30 for a show that started at 8:00 p.m. KJ
                            Always. Good show there, another good place is the smaller dosey doe.seen Robert Earl keen and a few others. Get a table in the front and your within 15 feet of the show.

Comment

The second night Boulder Dead & Co. show this past summer was incredible.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This is a hard one. As far as a single show, seeing Pat Green record Live at Gruene Hall was awesome. Most memorable would be all the years that I went the Larry Joe Taylor music festival. The festival moved several times, but the best ones were the years at Glen Rose and Meridian. When it finally moved to Melody Mountain Ranch, it just wasn’t the same.

Man, such good memories. Being there with my Dad. All the late night camp fires. All the pink flamingos. Seeing Pat Green when he was still wild and crazy on stage. Seeing Ragweed come onto the Texas music scene the first year at Meridian. Getting to see Rusty Weir sit up there and sing Texas Morning. Getting to camp with Tommy Alverson and Ed Burleson. I would give a lot to be able to go back in time and relive those nights.

Comment

Working...
                                X