Building a New House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a New House

Well this has been a work in progress for a little over a year now. We started with a 6.5 acre piece of untouched property. First step we had someone come in and cut the timber then with the help of some good friends we got a trackhoe and dozer on site and removed and backfilled all of the stumps. After we had the stumps out of the way we started on the pond. Once we had the pond dug we took the dirt and built up the house area and leveled out alot of the property. I was lucky to have a good friend that let me use the trackhoe and dozer for several months so we did all of the stump removal and dirt work ourselves on the weekends. We let it set for several months while we finished the house plans and got our ducks in a row to begin the house construction. The slab was poured on Father's day weekend and then we began the framing the first week of August. We are about 2 months behind schedule right now as we were wanting to begin in May but it just wouldn't stop raining. We are contracting it all ourselves and doing some of the work ourselves. Anyways here are some pictures of the progress, I just wish I would have gotten more pictures before we began cutting the timber.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

That's awesome man. Looking good.

Let me know when you're ready to put some fish in that pond. My little boy has been catching fish like crazy. We can haul them over to your place an release them.
            Last edited by b.latiolais; 08-20-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
              That's awesome man. Looking good.

Let me know when you're ready to put some fish in that pond. My little boy has been catching fish like crazy. We can haul them over to your place an release them.
              Alright I'll let you know Jaime already dumped some catfish on it

Comment

Doesn't look like you're in Groves any more. Is that off 1442?

Comment

Very nice. Lookin' forward to the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                    Doesn't look like you're in Groves any more. Is that off 1442?
                    It's off of 105 in Orangefield, Bobcat Trails

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                      Very nice. Lookin' forward to the finished product.
                      Thanks I will try my best to keep yall updated

Comment

Back wall of the living room over looking the pond

Balcony over the living room

View from Balcony

Front Entry

View from front outdoor balcony

Comment

[QUOTE=keestan31;10396863]Well this has been a work in progress for a little over a year now. We started with a 6.5 acre piece of untouched property. First step we had someone come in and cut the timber then with the help of some good friends we got a trackhoe and dozer on site and removed and backfilled all of the stumps. After we had the stumps out of the way we started on the pond. Once we had the pond dug we took the dirt and built up the house area and leveled out alot of the property. I was lucky to have a good friend that let me use the trackhoe and dozer for several months so we did all of the stump removal and dirt work ourselves on the weekends. We let it set for several months while we finished the house plans and got our ducks in a row to begin the house construction. The slab was poured on Father's day weekend and then we began the framing the first week of August. We are about 2 months behind schedule right now as we were wanting to begin in May but it just wouldn't stop raining. We are contracting it all ourselves and doing some of the work ourselves. Anyways here are some pictures of the progress, I just wish I would have gotten more pictures before we began cutting the timber.

Comment

That nice Keestan , when can I move in looks to be big enough

Comment

Looks fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                              X