Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does an old man justify a new blind ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    I want a new blind. I have the money. I am a man.

You,re welcome.

Ha''''' That is what I used last week to buy a new hunting hoopie

Click image for larger version

Name:	taco.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	24531090

Comment

GOF's don't have to justify nuthin! Get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        How does an old man justify spending $3,500.00 on a tower blind ?

When I owned the farm I bought a lot of very nice blinds, I justified the expense because folks were paying to hunt out of them.

I figure I can justify to myself about any amount of money for a lease.

Hopefully the more money the better the hunting.

Where I struggle is that a new tower blind is around $3,500.00

I hunt a lot but if I go say 10 times a year that is going to cost me $350.00 a visit.

I know I can kill deer setting on a 5 gallon bucket in the bushes...

Once you get old it is hard to figure how many more seasons you have left in you.

Will your grandkids hunt with you? How much is it worth to you to provide a comfortable hunting experience for them?

I know the answer to both of those questions....so....enjoy your new blind [emoji51]

Thanks to Brooks, I have justified all kinds of cool new stuff!

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

I just won One

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
            I just won One
            shut up

Comment

That purdy new truck sure would look nice parked next to a new blind.

Comment

For us old guys life is way too short to sit on a five gallon bucket lol.

Comment

Ha''''' That is what I used last week to buy a new hunting hoopie

[ATTACH]897926[/ATTACH]
                  Beautiful truck

Comment

Hah ! I struggled with the two I bought from Dillon at $1800 each and the $350 each for a 5' shop built platform. The thing I don't struggle with is the room for two office chairs and a heater when it's freezing outside ! So at $2150 each and assuming the 10 visits per year, and the fact that I'm on my third year with them, I'm down to less $75 per each, per visit. Not bad. I figure by the time I'm 75, I'll be making money !

Comment

You holler ain't that cheap , I'll take two

Comment

How does an old man justify spending $3,500.00 on a tower blind ?

When I owned the farm I bought a lot of very nice blinds, I justified the expense because folks were paying to hunt out of them.

I figure I can justify to myself about any amount of money for a lease.
                        Hopefully the more money the better the hunting.
                        Where I struggle is that a new tower blind is around $3,500.00
                        I hunt a lot but if I go say 10 times a year that is going to cost me $350.00 a visit.
                        I know I can kill deer setting on a 5 gallon bucket in the bushes...

Once you get old it is hard to figure how many more seasons you have left in you.
                        unless you're planning on replacing the blind every year, your cost per visit will go down as you use the thing year after year.

Comment

Old men don't need justification. You've earned it.

Wait, I mean they've earned it. You ain't old.

Comment

you ever sat in a crappy blind on a cold morning and had to leave early because it sucked?

I know you have because we both grew up bunting out of 2x4's nailed to pine trees.

Just buy the dang thing, use it for two years and then sell it for 2500.

That way it only costs you about 50 bucks a hunt to be comfortable, scent controlled and be able to take the grandkids hunting..

by the way -- texas wildlife supply now has a new gun/bow blind that we just bought.

It's a 5x5 with an angled front with bow windows on a 5' tower for less than we are talking about here.....

I can get you a good deal on them if we go in and buy a few of them together....
                            Last edited by Atfulldraw; 02-22-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Being old is enough reason to buy it!
                              I think you'll get more enjoyment out of that new blind than the bank will get from your money!

Comment

You deserve to have a $3500 blind.. thats on a 30' scissor lift with a top-drive, with A/C!
                                If you're gonna justify ...justify big!

Comment

Working...
                                X