May need a new suit....... where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
    I found what I needed recently at Burlington Coat Factory, in Grapevine, had what I needed, at a good price.
    Yeah, I was looking at them on-line. I need something off the rack and BCF looks like it will fit the bill. I don't need anything fancy and expensive. This will be the first time I've had a suit on since my mother passed 12yrs ago.

Comment

All of the suggestions above. Don't forget about Tie, Socks and Shoes if you don't have those.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your father.

I had to buy a suit last year after my mother-in-law passed away. I went to Joseph A. Banks, and they treated me very well, but they didn't have anything that would fit me. I'm short, stocky, and fat - unfortunately, nothing off the rack fits me. I eventually ended up at the Men's Warehouse. I got my suit at a very cheap price because their tailors messed up the alterations twice in a row. I was very impressed with the guys at Joseph A. Banks. I think their suits were better quality at a better price than the Men's Warehouse.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Man, sorry to hear about your dad! God speed in a peaceful homecoming!
          If the suit you have now is just a bit tight or loose and such, go find you a tailor and get that one modified... Or you can take it to Good Will and exchange it for one that fits. They'll give you some credit toward ones they will have on the rack...

Again, sorry about your dad. It'd a bad deal, but at least it seems you are able to prepare and to say good by gracefully. I pray your grief be bearable and you joy returned in due time.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your father.

Comment

Burlington Coat Factory in Grapevine Mills mall always seems to have good deals on suits.

I have never been a fan of a suit myself so I always go with a jacket and slacks. You could get a a nice gray jacket and black slacks and not be out that much.

Comment

If your just going to wear it once, ask someone at church if you can borrow one.

Comment

What size are you looking for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                    What size are you looking for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    I'm either going to have to get measured or try on sizes. I don't think the size of my overalls will be the same.

Comment

Sorry about your dad, I went into a Goodwill store the other day just killing time and I think that's where I'm going to buy clothes for now on. There were some really nice clothes that were hardly worn for cheap.

Comment

What size blue jeans do you wear?

Comment

If you are in Allen you aren't far from me. PM me your sizes (jacket, pants, shirt) and maybe mine will fit ya? You could just borrow one from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            I'm going to try my suit on this evening. Haven't worn it in several years. If it doesn't fit, where is a place to get a decent one at a decent price? What is a general all around color? I don't have a lot to spend on it, but I'm preparing for my fathers funeral. Doc's say he has less than a month now.
                            What size are you. I have about 20 I don't wear much, if you just need to use it once. Also have 100 or so ties.

PM me.

Comment

I'll have to see about the jacket. Not sure on the size, but can get an idea from the one I have. Pants will be probably 44wX30-32l. I'm sure I have a shirt. Probably a tie also but don't remember the color of it. Like I said, I haven't worn a suit in 12 years.

Comment

How tall are you? What's your DL?

Comment

Working...
                                X