Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    My Game Warden says "NOPE".

Weird. I asked two about it in Fort Worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Game Warden says "NOPE".

So now game wardens can't agree. Yeah I'd tell your buddy to not even try it. If he gets the wrong Officer and is arrested, he would still have to go through court system to fight it.

Comment

Can my buddy ,(who is a felon), be in the blind with a 9 year old and a centerfire rifle?
        Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
        I just don't know legal age to hunt in Texas on your own, but someone just said 9 is ok.
        I asked GM about a 15 year old and he said it was fine, just the guy couldn't be left in car or blind by himself with gun, if the kid steps out

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
        So now game wardens can't agree. Yeah I'd tell your buddy to not even try it. If he gets the wrong Officer and is arrested, he would still have to go through court system to fight it.

I've rarely seen 2 LEO's agree on subjects like this.
        I don't see how it's legal, but 1 GW might overlook, and the next GW might have a conniption.
        I hoped someone could provide a case law to clarify.
        Seems that we have some felons on the GS, that might've encountered this scenario, and provided some input, but I guess not.

Comment

Not worth it teach the kid to bow hunt.

Comment

I've rarely seen 2 LEO's agree on subjects like this.

I don't see how it's legal, but 1 GW might overlook, and the next GW might have a conniption.

I hoped someone could provide a case law to clarify.

Seems that we have some felons on the GS, that might've encountered this scenario, and provided some input, but I guess not.

That might be a sign then. They tried it and now in prison, so they can't respond :-)

Comment

I have guns just don’t give them a reason to run your name. All the GW wants to see is a hunting license I’ve never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RamDrvr View Post
                I have guns just don’t give them a reason to run your name. All the GW wants to see is a hunting license I’ve never had a problem.
                Not judging in any way, but are you a felon?

Comment

Unfortunately I am but should get my gun rights back this year if the attorney gets the paperwork done

Comment

Not judging in any way, but are you a felon?
                    Unfortunately I am but should get my gun rights back this year if the attorney gets the paperwork done

Comment

Yeah but what happens if you are driving to lease or land to hunt with your guns in car. Cop is going to run your background?

Comment

Good question on my first trip I take my wife.Than I leave it in my trailer rest of the season.At end of season I have my wife ride with me to bring them home.

Comment

Are you asking, If he gets pulled over by the police on his way to or from his lease?
                          Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 02-08-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Good question on my first trip I take my wife.Than I leave it in my trailer rest of the season.At end of season I have my wife ride with me to bring them home.
                            If a GW comes to camp, and checks your trailer, are you legal, or a felon in possession?

Comment

I’m no expert, but it sounds like this scenario falls into all kinds of grey area. In the end, you don’t want to leave the interpretation of the law up to the officer. Once they make their decision, whether you agree with it or not, it becomes your burden to prove to the court you aren’t guilty, and it becomes your hassle to deal with. Whoever the arresting officer is just goes about his day, you are left to fight it. It’s not worth it for your buddy. Too much grey area.

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                                Are you asking, If he gets pulled over by the police on his way to or from his lease?

Yes, but he figured out the question :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X