Corrugated Metal Ceiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrugated Metal Ceiling

Anyone done this before? I am finishing out our bonus/man cave room and I had the walls sheet rocked when we built the house and left the ceiling open to do either wood or tin. I have decided on metal but just curious how people trimmed theirs? I am debating on crown or rough cedar but not sure if cedar would look bad with white base boards? Any input or pics would be greatly appreciated!

I used tin in my wife's tack room and went with rough cedar for the trim work, it looks really nice.

Comment

Corrugated Metal Ceiling

We did in the skinning shed at our deer camp. We trimmed it out with old cedar fence pickets.

Last edited by Stolle; 01-31-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

There is a place in Hillsboro (almost certain) called Cunningham lumber. They make pressed tin tiles out of new material or old corrugated. Pretty sure they offer trim of same material.

Comment

Corrugated Metal Ceiling

The apartment in my shop has a tin ceiling and that is what we are putting in our camp house as well. Both trimmed in pine 1x4
          Last edited by bboswell; 01-31-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I have seen it trimmed with large hemp rope. About 1" It look pretty good.

Comment

I trimmed ours with rough cedar

Comment

This pic is not the greatest to see it but it look like 1*4 with hemp rope

Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc-03421.JPG.1030x434_default.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	24527895

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                  We did in the skinning shed at our deer camp. We trimmed it out with old cedar fence pickets.

I really dig that wall by the stove. Any issues with the tin getting too hot and whats behind it?

When we start a build at a weekend place I want to do that

Comment

Originally posted by aggie11 View Post
                    Anyone done this before? I am finishing out our bonus/man cave room and I had the walls sheet rocked when we built the house and left the ceiling open to do either wood or tin. I have decided on metal but just curious how people trimmed theirs? I am debating on crown or rough cedar but not sure if cedar would look bad with white base boards? Any input or pics would be greatly appreciated!
                    Game room from house we sold a year ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ceiling

My wife went with colored plastic corrugated sheets and trimmed with cedar. Here is before and after.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the replies on this! for the ones with the cedar trim did you keep your base boards the existing white or did you go with cedar on them too?

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                          Game room from house we sold a year ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                          Thanks for the picture, this looks similar to how ours will meet the wall because we have a flat ceiling with one wall that is sloped and i was curious how it would look without trim on it

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                            This pic is not the greatest to see it but it look like 1*4 with hemp rope

[ATTACH]894683[/ATTACH]
                            That is really a great idea! do you happen to have any more pictures of this? I guess you just install with a finish nailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              I really dig that wall by the stove. Any issues with the tin getting too hot and whats behind it?

When we start a build at a weekend place I want to do that
                              Its warm to touch when you have roaring fire in it. Its just insulation and studs behind the tin.

The rock has hardy board behind it. The rocks get pretty hot since they are close to the stove itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X