Pellet Smoker Guys, Favorite Pellets???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet Smoker Guys, Favorite Pellets???

As the title says, what are some of y'alls favorite pellets to burn??

I just purchased the GMG Daniel Boone and I ended up getting some pit boss hickory pellets from walmart just to do an initial burn but I was curious what you guys like to use the most when smoking meats??

I know these pit boss pellets put out quite a bit of ash.

I have tried everything from treager hickory, cookin pellets perfect mix, Louisiana grills completion blend and there mesquite, and now lumberjack 100% pecan. I cant really tell all that much difference. Some smell better than other but taste wise maybe the lumberjack 100% is a little better but id probably go with whatever I got the best deal on.

Comment

I have always used the B&B pellets that Academy sells. Been wanting to try some others. Following this.

Comment

I recently just got a Traeger Pro 34 and have been using the traeger brand pellets. I've only done 2 cooks, but so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
          I have always used the B&B pellets that Academy sells. Been wanting to try some others. Following this.
          these are what I use. depends on what im cooking obviously but I generally use a mix of pecan and apple and add more of whichever one I want for if im grilling a burger or smoking something. before that I got whatever that had at the backyard store or whatever its called that I bought the grill at. GMG here as well

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
            these are what I use. depends on what im cooking obviously but I generally use a mix of pecan and apple
            x2

Comment

I use the green mountain fruit blend and really like the mix

Comment

I've been using the cookin pellets perfect blend for about a year now and I have had great results. It seems to me that they burn cleaner than the B&B brand from academy.

Comment

The guy I bought my pellet smoker recommended the Green Mountain Grill brand, not sure of the flavor mix. The grill wasn't a GMG.

Comment

Originally posted by mekholsters View Post
                    I've been using the cookin pellets perfect blend for about a year now and I have had great results. It seems to me that they burn cleaner than the B&B brand from academy.
                    I've been eyeing these but they are proud of their pellets!

Comment

Most of the pellets you buy, like the ones at Academy and even the Traeger brand pellets, are just some random hardwood with oils/flavorings that are added to it to match whatever flavor it is being sold as. It's not the actual hardwood on the label.

But there are some legit ones out there that are the actual wood.

Comment

I use the cheap "competition blend" pellets Wal-Mart sells. I've spent more on different kinds and can never taste the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by VinnysquidTX View Post
                          I use the cheap "competition blend" pellets Wal-Mart sells. I've spent more on different kinds and can never taste the difference.
                          +1

Comment

Depends on what I'm cooking, usually add cherry to oak when smoking pork, use mesquite when smoking chicken, and like an oak/mesquite mix with beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                              Most of the pellets you buy, like the ones at Academy and even the Traeger brand pellets, are just some random hardwood with oils/flavorings that are added to it to match whatever flavor it is being sold as. It's not the actual hardwood on the label.

But there are some legit ones out there that are the actual wood.
                              What are these "legit" ones you speak of ???

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X