Savage Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clintbodie View Post
    I saw this a while back (around thanksgiving) and called Savage to confirm that the "Axis XP" would be eligible for the rebate. They told me "no". The rebate lists any "axis, trophy hunter XP, or trophy predator hunter XP. The .243 I was interested in at Cabelas and academy was the "axis xp" and not eligible. They even looked it up by the model # and sku. Maybe the rep at Savage told me wrong as I saw somebody said their check "was on the way."

Just passing along my experience.
    Just FYI if you’re still looking at them. I bought a savage axis ii xp last week in 223 and I called to check before and the rebate is good for them. I mailed it off yesterday and from smoky mountain guns and ammo after rebate the axis ii comes is only $249. Definitely worth the extra $70 for the scope rings and the accutrigger I think.

Comment

own one in 22-250 and it does its job. did the diy trigger job and its better but not great!. Like i said, it does its job. If i had to do it all over again, i would buy it without hesitation!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie11 View Post
        Just FYI if you’re still looking at them. I bought a savage axis ii xp last week in 223 and I called to check before and the rebate is good for them. I mailed it off yesterday and from smoky mountain guns and ammo after rebate the axis ii comes is only $249. Definitely worth the extra $70 for the scope rings and the accutrigger I think.

Wish they had this in 22-250 in stock. I like the accutrigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          This website shows the best deals on them and who has them in stock.

SAVAGE AXIS II PKG 22-250 W/SCOPE XP Action: Bolt Caliber: 22-250 Remington Barrel Length: 22" Capacity: 4+1 Trigger: Accutrigger Safety: Three Position OAL: 43.88" Weight: 6.5 lbs Stock: Black Synthetic Metal Finish: Black Manufacturer SAVAGE Manufacturer Item # 22222 UPC 011356222220 Caliber/Gauge 22-250 REMINGTOM Capacity 4+1 Safety Manual Trigg

Comment

Originally posted by aggie11 View Post
            This website shows the best deals on them and who has them in stock.

https://gun.deals/product/savage-axi...70?mobile=true

Perfect! Thank you!

Comment

I won an Axis 22-250 in a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation raffle. I put a Weaver rail mount on it and Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x42 BDC with Vortex Viper rings. I did the You Tube trigger job.....cut the spring down and polished the sear. Trigger went from 6 lbs. to 3.25 lbs.

Its is a shooter. The Weaver base cost about $12.00 at SWFA. I got the scope and rings for free on dealer sales points from Vortex. The raffle ticket was $20.00. Best $32.00 I have ever spent on shooting equipment.

I think I am going to pick up the TC in 6.5 from Kentucky Guns.

Comment

I have the 7mm-08 axis with the accutrigger...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Just left the one in Rockwall. I believe they had two 22-250s and a 223 if it’s worth the drive.

Comment

Lots of good info here. Been more then a few years back I bought a Savage model 110 in .270 That has to be one of the BEST shooting rifles I have had in my hands. I have shot some really nice Browning's that just didn't have the same feel or ability. Not saying they are 100% just that in my opinion is a really good rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                      Just left the one in Rockwall. I believe they had two 22-250s and a 223 if it’s worth the drive.
                      Academy?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                        Lots of good info here. Been more then a few years back I bought a Savage model 110 in .270 That has to be one of the BEST shooting rifles I have had in my hands. I have shot some really nice Browning's that just didn't have the same feel or ability. Not saying they are 100% just that in my opinion is a really good rifle.
                        I agree, wife bought me a savage 116 in .300 wm , it is a SS 26 inch barrel and shoots 1/2 moa wonderful gun "I should shoot it more! But it kicks like a mule and is geared for blind hunting "

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                          Academy also has Nikon 3x9 BDC scope on sale through Dec 24 for $99.99 reg $179.99. The $100 rebate would justify the scope addition at least that’s what I’m trying to convince myself
                          Where is this info? Not seeing it on Academy's website. I want to jump on this one too? Thanks brother!

Comment

I went back and looked. I have the .243, 7mm08, and .22-250. All have the accutrigger. I have not done the trigger work on any of them. They are good guns, but have a heavy trigger pull from the factory.

Comment

Several people here saying they had to buy scope rings and scopes for this gun. Am I looking at the wrong gun on their website? The one I'm looking at shows to come with a scope. Are y'all replacing that scope and rings?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                                Where is this info? Not seeing it on Academy's website. I want to jump on this one too? Thanks brother!
                                I’m seeing it on their Dec 17-24 weekly ad online.

Comment

Working...
                                X