Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like that setup!

Comment

Never seen that plywood at lowes, which store did you get it from?

Comment

Whats the cost of materials?

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Nice design - I like the dirt floor idea - I will build my next one that way. First of all it will be lighter and easier to move. (Much of the weight is in the base and platform) Also I agree on the noise. My hexagonal box blind has two layers of carpet and it is still somewhat loud just moving the chair around - and if you drop something it's really loud. There are a couple of downsides I guess - you might have to have to do more prep work to rake/dig out a level spot. You would also have to do something to keep critters from getting under. What I will do is use a strip of hardware cloth attached near the bottom then bent out and staked to the ground.
            What I was thinking of doing to keep critters from crawling inside is almost like you mentioned the only difference is that I was going to dig about 6" down and out. Attach some bird fence around the blind and bury it to keep critters from digging around the blind and crawling in.
            Originally posted by native_texan View Post
            Looks really good. Nice work, brother. May I ask you: What are the angles on the floor and the walls? Also, what is the distance front-to-back? I think that just because of a snake problem (copperheads and rattlers) I would want to put in a floor. Thanks. God bless.
            If I remember correctly they were 45's and wall to wall is a little over 7ft.
            Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            Never seen that plywood at lowes, which store did you get it from?
            I bought it at our local Lowes here in Laredo.
            Originally posted by STXBowhunter View Post
            Whats the cost of materials?
            Mossy Oak OSB Plywood was about $10 a sheet and 2x4 studs were $2.50 each. Tar paper is $20 per roll.

Comment

that'll be nice

Comment

Good start to a great idea! Also a big fan of that wood. I've never seen it before but I will be keeping my eye open for it now!

Comment

I have several blinds that sit on the ground without a floor. I dig a trench around the outside of the blind and screw 12 inch flashing to the bottom of the blind then cover up flashing with dirt. Been doing this for years. Makes a great set-up.
                  hunter68

Comment

Nice one Serg! How much? I'll buy it from you... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
                      I have several blinds that sit on the ground without a floor. I dig a trench around the outside of the blind and screw 12 inch flashing to the bottom of the blind then cover up flashing with dirt. Been doing this for years. Makes a great set-up.
                      hunter68
                      I've done it with bird fence but I might try it with the left over tar paper. Should help keep moisture from the bottom of the blind.
                      Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
                      Nice one Serg! How much? I'll buy it from you... LOL
                      I would definitely sell it if it wasn't already spoken for by my daughter. This blind with her in it this season, feels like her first buck ever in the bag.

Comment

Working...
                      X