CRICKET Explosion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    I'm not sure what causes it. I remember several years ago they got VERY bad. Anywhere with much outdoor lighting and you were swarmed. Football games were bad. Gas stations and grocery store parking lots had piles of them where they had been mashed by cars. Smelled like dead animals.
    I remember that - that year they were millions of them drifted up like leaves. A kid at the station where I stop in Cisco was cleaning them up with a shop vac - said he had about filled the dumpster!

Comment

Brings back bad memories. When I was in high school we mowed and picked up trash at a bunch of shopping centers. We were responsible for the crickets when they exploded.

We'd blow them in to huge piles and shovel them into garbage bags. One day we had over 20 full size bags full of crickets on the trailer.

Comment

I have turned all of my outside lights off on my house and my shop. It has helped a lot but we still have some though.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
          ya'll talking about crickets, grasshoppers or locust? ( aka texas grass hopper)

if there crickets bag em and send them to me,, my perch are hungry
          A true field cricket, have seen almost no grass hopepers...

Ps a locust is what we call a cicata round here haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Horrible in chambers county!

Comment

Better than stinking beetles. I remember years ago the beetles were unbelievable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I clicked hoping it was a video of crickets on some tannerite

Comment

They were all over the front parking lot at the hospital between burleson and Joshua on thurs

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                    Time to go cat fishing.
                    I tried this one year while I was In Texas and I didn’t catch a single fish with them. Thought I hit the mother load of perch jerkin bait and they wouldn’t touch em.

Comment

Originally posted by NTX HUNTER View Post
                      There is one in my office right now that I wish i could find.
                      Check the batteries in your smoke detectors...lol

Snakes eat crickets, I'm guessing you killed all the snakes....

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                        I tried this one year while I was In Texas and I didn’t catch a single fish with them. Thought I hit the mother load of perch jerkin bait and they wouldn’t touch em.
                        Back home years ago my buddy used crickets from the bait shop and would catch fish with them. He tried crickets from his yard and nothing. Ones from his yard were black. Bait shop ones were brown. Don’t know why they won’t eat them. He let some brown ones go in his yard and we started seeing crickets that were half brown half black after awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          since the rain last week THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of crickets has showed up in cleburne. Every building in town has piles of them by the door, havent seen this many in years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                          Please don not bother posting pics. Your words are like a portrait. It is almost like I am standing beside you gazing at the cricket explosion marvel.

Comment

Working...
                          X