Pimp my krivoman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimp my krivoman

So I finally got my krivoman blind about three weeks ago after trying to budget for one for a year or so. I got the 4 window standard blind with a vent. I decided to add shoot through mesh, peep windows with curtains and attempt to find a good way to mount the ozonics machine to ensure everything going out the vent would be treated with the machine. Obviously this would require some way to seal it off to the vent. I kicked around ideas of a system with duct work and seals and I just couldn’t come up with anything solid so I decided to do the windows first.

I found some small frames that have the cheap window screen in them at Lowe’s. They are just about the right size to fit the blind windows. So I bought extra cheap fiberglass screen material and decided to test them out. I shot through the screens out to 40 yards with broadheads and found that I was still shooting a 3 inch group. Which is about as good as I can do from a seated position and the screens made no difference on arrow flight. I then cut more material and put it in the test frame which is super easy to do. So I mounted them to the blind and they make a huge difference on the glare from the glass. Hopefully I will be able to leave the windows closed later in the season and open them before the shot without the deer noticing the movement.

These are the small frames. They were white so a little rattle can action was required
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8FBF4754-29F7-43B7-B22D-063BFB0D342F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	25154150

Notice the difference in the glare on the glass on the two middle windows.

Name:	A79D751E-BBF3-465C-8AAC-52042BEEA089.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	25154151

Finished product.

Name:	8E490801-7A86-4991-85C3-E49F61D8643A.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	25154152

I then moved to the peep windows that would allow me to see almost 360 degrees. These are small windows that cannot be opened but have black rubber curtains to retain the darkness in the blind. They are thin plexi glass windows that are anchored with machine screws on the top to hold the curtain and small pan head screws on the bottom. They are sealed with level caulk and should be 100% sealed. The actual hole in the blind is about 3x6 inches and the plexi glass is about 4.5x8 inches. They let zero light through with the flap down but they are easily lifted if you want to see behind you.

Name:	CD20481D-55B6-41C9-A558-CB52D18B758C.jpg
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	24548286

Name:	1712C5C3-837F-476A-AF68-7CFB374BDD8A.jpg
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	24548287

Comment

Some good ideas, might have to add these to mine.

Comment

Why didnt you buy the vertical model Krivoman?

Comment

The last thing was the ozonics mount. I could really come up with anything that met all of my requirements so this is just a prototype that I will continue to play with in the coming weeks but this seems to work well for now. I couldn’t come up with anything that I could continue to use the vent flap on so it was removed for this install but all the hardware was retained and I can easily reinstall it and will have it in the blind. I took a 5 gallon bucket and cut a hole in it that would allow the ozonics to sit in it. I then took some thin rubber mating and cut a hole that fits snugly around the ozonics. I drilled a couple holes in the roof and dropped some 5/16 x 3.5 inch bolts down through the vents that would act like threaded studs. I then drilled holes in the bucket to match these studs. I put the ozonics in the rubber mat and drop it inside the bucket. The auction fan is below the bottom of the bucket and the discharge is on the vent side. I do have to let one side down to turn the unit on and off then tighten the nuts back up with the unit running. But again this is just a prototype so input on changing the design is welcome.

Name:	E189AB41-BA28-41C1-AB18-A098D73EC08C.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	24548292

Name:	9FEA7E3F-4D29-47C7-9594-C63C5D9B9CC1.jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	24548293

Name:	40ECB9B8-2D9D-4C9A-8462-F3BAFA1F829A.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	24548294

Name:	FC9BF189-B508-4D7D-8EA1-60C77708678F.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	24548295

Name:	DF6DE519-23B6-477A-B67C-B4A3AE55513D.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	24548297

Name:	4B0BABD2-DAD0-4986-B4DD-080993C5DAAC.jpg
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	24548296

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Sold out

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

I see what you did there!!! [emoji38]

Nice mods, OP!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That’s awesome

Comment

nicely done!

Comment

Good work! My Krivo has 3 shooting windows so I'm going to add peek windows so I can see what's coming in from the side. I was going to install a clear window with a flap curtain like you did, but then thought about using tinted Lexan/plexiglass instead - if I can find some. (?)

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Good work! My Krivo has 3 shooting windows so I'm going to add peek windows so I can see what's coming in from the side. I was going to install a clear window with a flap curtain like you did, but then thought about using tinted Lexan/plexiglass instead - if I can find some. (?)
                      I thought about the tinted glass as well but I was afraid I would be silhouetted from the front being that I wanted windows behind me

Comment

You don't think that ozone machine going to make to much vibration noise mounted that way. I thought they were to noisy begin with.

Comment

O and my windows leaked bad this past weekend, going to try to do some modification before season starts.

Comment

i likey

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                              O and my windows leaked bad this past weekend, going to try to do some modification before season starts.
                              Yeah. My windows leaked horribly my first season and saturated the outdoor carpeting I had laid down on my plywood floor. It would not dry out! I finally ripped up the carpet and put down rubber stall mats and caulked the heck out of all window frames and the door frame.

The windows had been poorly mounted and screws were not installed in some places where they should have been.

My suggestion to Mitch is to put a bead of latex caulk between the window frame and blind before screwing them in.

After I fixed my leaks, the blind is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X