No announcement yet.

Bacon wrapped corn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet it’s good, but very tedious wrapping each kernel individually! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
      How did you keep the bacon wrapped in the corn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Toothpicks

Comment

Toothpicks work. You can also wrap the corn in heavy duty foil.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
          Put it in the smoker at 225-250 pull when bacon is done.
          This is how I do mine.

Comment

so we spend a lot of time at the ball park watching my daughter play softball which i'm sure some of you can relate. Anyway, at a lot of the local tournaments there is a guy that sells fresh corn roasted in the husk then they cut the corn off the husk and put it in a styrofoam cup and you can add your fixins. I tried it one day and the lady asked me "you want mayonaise right" I said "do what?? " she told me i had to try it. I love corn and I love mayo so i said what the heck. some Mayo, add some salt and pepper and butter and holy smokes, good stuff right there!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
              so we spend a lot of time at the ball park watching my daughter play softball which i'm sure some of you can relate. Anyway, at a lot of the local tournaments there is a guy that sells fresh corn roasted in the husk then they cut the corn off the husk and put it in a styrofoam cup and you can add your fixins. I tried it one day and the lady asked me "you want mayonaise right" I said "do what?? " she told me i had to try it. I love corn and I love mayo so i said what the heck. some Mayo, add some salt and pepper and butter and holy smokes, good stuff right there!

Was she Hispanic? I ate corn like that many times when I work in Aldine (Northeast Houston). Some taco trailers, and a few street vendors sold roasted corn with mayo

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Was she Hispanic? I ate corn like that many times when I work in Aldine (Northeast Houston). Some taco trailers, and a few street vendors sold roasted corn with mayo
                yes they are hispanic.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Elotes street corn is some fine eatin!! Mexican sour cream, mayo, garlic, cilantro and some sort of cheese and chili powder is all I know they use. I’m sure there’s more to it. Dang....my mouth is watering now

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Elotes street corn is some fine eatin!! Mexican sour cream, mayo, garlic, cilantro and some sort of cheese and chili powder is all I know they use. I’m sure there’s more to it. Dang....my mouth is watering now
                    Around here its Parmesan cheese or Julio's seasoning with butter and or mayo. I have also seen folks grab a flour tortilla and smear butter all over it then sprinkle sugar over the butter.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      Around here its Parmesan cheese or Julio's seasoning with butter and or mayo. I have also seen folks grab a flour tortilla and smear butter all over it then sprinkle sugar over the butter.

Y'all making me want some now. Yes the Julio's makes it awesome

Comment

How did we go from bacon wrapped to covered in Mayo?![emoji23] If we're going the Mayo route, I like a splash of lemon or lime with Mayo and cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you guys like "elote en vaso " (corn in a cup) and you ever find yourself on highway 100 headed toward South Padre Island there is a snow cone stand in my hometown of Los Fresnos that makes the best. It's called Mr. G's and it's on the right in the parking lot of a now closed local supermarket just before Little Graceland. They make it with white corn like it was meant to be made. There snow cones are awesome as well.

The cheese that you need to be using for corn in a cup is cotija cheese. Using parmesan is unAmerican.

Comment

Working...
                          X