No announcement yet.

Bought my first smoker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree as others have said pork butts make anyone look good. Stock up on a few when they're 99cents a pound. They freeze well too after cooking. We make about one a month for just me and the wife and freeze leftovers in individual meal size bags and it still tastes good after thawing

Comment

Just some tips from personal experience with one of those smokers. Order these. Use the gasket sealer around all seams and use the sealing tape around the smoker lid.

This will keep from losing heat and smoke. You might also want to look into making diffuser plates to keep temperature more evenly distributed throughout the cooking chamber.

You also need good thermometers. You can buy wireless magnetic units that stick to your smoker and allow you to take the unit with the temp readout with you. You also need a digital meat probe thermometer.

This is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GE77QT0..._APoEBbA967DHW

Shop Char-Broil Digital Probe Meat Thermometer at Lowe's.com. Accuracy is important when it comes to grilling. This instant read thermometer measures temperatures for seven different types of meat, taking the guesswork

My personal preference is to use butcher paper instead of foil. But that's just me. I can give you a killer, foolproof method for brisket if you want it.

You might also want to check this book out. Lots of good info in here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Follow this for your first pork butt. Slam dunk home run guaranteed

Big Bob Gibsons competition team is known for some of the best pulled pork that can be had, and these recipe from them will give you just that.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
            Ribs are the easiest with 3-2-1 method. I like pecan, oak and mesquite.
            i have never tried the 3-2-1 method because it seems too long.. I do mine for about 3 hours on the bge with the heat deflector and they always come out good..

Comment

Grilled some chicken and ribeyes tonight. Delicious, as expected.

I’m planning to pick up a pork butt soon and try out the smoker box.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

This thread needs more pics...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
                  Search the username Smart on here. He's the resident smoker here on TBH..
                  Bwhahahah

Comment

Working...
                  X