X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Saturday)

Daily Bible Portion - 7 of 7
    "HE DWELT"

(Weekly Reading>>Genesis 37:1-40:23, Amos 2:6-3:8, Acts 7:9-16)

The Cupbearer and the Baker - Genesis 40

Joseph had been in prison many years when Yahweh presented an opportunity to test Joseph’s heart. Pharaoh’s cupbearer and baker were also in prison. One day, Joseph noticed how downcast they were and asked what was troubling them. The cupbearer revealed they both had dreams but had no one to interpret them. Joseph said, “Do not interpretations belong to Yahweh?” This was the first time Joseph acknowledged where dreams came from.

The test continued…

As the cupbearer told his dream, Yahweh gave Joseph the interpretation. He explained that this man would be set free from prison in three days. Because the revelation of this dream came through him, Joseph seized the opportunity to plead his case before this man by saying,

“When all goes well with you, remember me and show me kindness; mention me to Pharaoh and get me out of this prison. For I was forcibly carried off from the land of the Hebrews and even here I have done nothing to deserve being put in a dungeon.”

Joseph sealed the time frame for his length in prison one more time. His plea to Pharaoh’s cupbearer revealed he still had a mixture in his heart that sought the favor of man and Pharaoh, over wholly trusting Yahweh for his needs and deliverance. Joseph’s belief was not yet totally dependent or trusting in the faithfulness of Yahweh for redemption in his life. This was a costly mistake. Our actions will speak what is in our hearts. Yahweh had huge plans for Joseph and Yahweh has huge plans for us also. Yahweh needed Joseph to be ready, as the future deliverance of his family depended on his heart being stable and at peace, trusting and believing that Yahweh will keep His Covenant and all the promises He made to Joseph, and that they will unfold in Yahweh’s timing, not in Joseph’s. Yahweh would never leave Joseph nor have him suffer needlessly. The delay was on Joseph’s end, as it is on our end. It is a question of our unbelief versus belief. Will we believe in the One who is Faithful?

Matthew 8:5-10 “Now when Jesus/Yeshua had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, saying, ‘Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.’ And Jesus/Yeshua said to him, ‘I will come and heal him.’ The centurion answered and said, ‘Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.’ When Jesus/Yeshua heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great FAITH[obedience to commands], not even in Israel!’”

James 2:18 "But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my FAITH by my works."

Joseph’s positive interpretation of the cupbearer’s dream encouraged the second man, the baker, to share his dream with Joseph but his dream did not produce the same result. Yahweh revealed that this man would be executed in three days. What Yahweh revealed to Joseph did take place. The test continued as the cupbearer, when released from prison, did not remember Joseph. Two more years passed before Yahweh tried Joseph’s heart again.

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X