The Surefire deal from last week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
    That is a completely different scenario in my eyes. Individual vs Company. 1 order vs several thousand.

We have had sporting goods companies send out a flyer for something and the price is a steal so we order a bunch of it. They catch it but still honor our price and they are not nearly the size of SureFire and they deal with MANY schools in Texas.

I have no idea how a big company works with online orders but I imagine that when that much traffic starts rolling in, they know about it and would see why that much traffic is being generated.

So a company can lose money out the wazoo but an individual shouldn’t? Makes no sense to me. From what I understand they are still offering a great light at a discounted price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
      Just called my wifes office phone because she wasn't responding to my text. She is on hold with someone from SureFire. She is having fun with it apparently. She said some fella tried to get smart with her and she grilled him on how to talk to a woman.
      Nice

But what I was sayi....
      And let me tell you another thing...SIR...

Let me transfer you to a manager ma'am

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
        So a company can lose money out the wazoo but an individual shouldn’t? Makes no sense to me. From what I understand they are still offering a great light at a discounted price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How much are they really losing though? how much does it cost to make that light? Lets be honest about it. We all know how much things are marked up.

I do not care if they offered up at a discounted price. Wait two weeks after to send out an email.. You mean to tell me a multimillion dollar company that had several thousands orders didn't catch this for 2 weeks?

OK my example. a couple years ago, the company we order all of our football equipment had a misprint and all their things were basically 50% off. The sales rep for our area deals with the big schools of houston. Everyone he dealt with ordered all new shoulder pads, helmets, girdles, pants, etc you name it....

Did the company say anything? Yeah they said they messed up but they honored what they sold and let everyone that didn't order that the sale was no longer.

Comment

It looks like this isn't the first time they have done this.

Comment

So what's the new "deal"? And is the new deal for anyone online or just for those who ordered and then were backlogged and then canceled?

Comment

What BS!!! Yall keep hounding them and posting this nonsense.

They will regret their decision when you hit them where it hurts

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                So what's the new "deal"? And is the new deal for anyone online or just for those who ordered and then were backlogged and then canceled?
                the new deal is 38$ right now, not sure how long or if that will last .. .how they can even offer them for sale when they were backordered to begin with and no ship date in sight....
                bs

Comment

This seems to happen every now and then.Somebody posts a smokin' (to good to be true) deal and everybody jumps on board.Then we find out it's a mistake and everyone loses their mind.
                  Imagine what it'll be like when the Direct TV thing turns out to be a bust.

DJ

Comment

yea it comes out to 38 a pop plus shipping and tax

I went ahead and called them and reordered at the new price... normally I would not have but i already checked those off as christmas gifts and this late in the game I dont have time to shop for other stuff. Still a good price, and they DO have them in stock she told me i would have mine in 3 days

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                      yea it comes out to 38 a pop plus shipping and tax

I went ahead and called them and reordered at the new price... normally I would not have but i already checked those off as christmas gifts and this late in the game I dont have time to shop for other stuff. Still a good price, and they DO have them in stock she told me i would have mine in 3 days
                      so it was an absolute lie that they were on backorder

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                        the new deal is 38$ right now, not sure how long or if that will last .. .how they can even offer them for sale when they were backordered to begin with and no ship date in sight....
                        bs
                        Yes, this is BS.

If they would have emailed in the first day or two and said it was a price error I would have been ok with that...Or even in the first 4-5 days. Or even if they never sent the backordered email.

They just royally screwed the pooch with the sequence of how they handled this.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                          so it was an absolute lie that they were on backorder
                          Sort of LOL

They were on backorder and then they canceled a quabillion orders that were placed at $25 a pop (including shipping). So now they have plenty to sell at a higher price LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Sort of LOL

They were on backorder and then they canceled a quabillion orders that were placed at $25 a pop (including shipping). So now they have plenty to sell at a higher price LOL
                            Mine was 36.31 with shipping. So basically they just drew in a buncha intrest then jacked up the price. Sounds like a good game plan. They still moved all their merchandise at an even higher number than they originally had in mind. Win win for them. Lol

Guess its still a deal, but think of all the bad PR they just got.

I dont see it any different than me getting on here trying to sell something for 100 bucks, and when i got 100 pm's say "oh my bad, i meant 150. Who still wants it?" My reputation would be horrible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Part Timer; 12-15-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

This reminds me of the drake quarter zip order I placed last year....

Comment

China is working overtime to get them out!

Comment

Working...
                                X