Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedding Chips in Humans

hmm ...

RIVER FALLS, Wisc. (WTXF) - You’re probably going to be hungry at work if you forget your wallet, but one company is becoming first in the U.S. to implant microchips in workers -- so they can make purchases.

“Three Square Market” in Wisconsin says employees will be able to buy things in their break room market -- and also open doors, log in to computers and use the copy machine -- all, with the implanted scanning chip which won’t be required.

The chip -- no larger than a small grain of rice -- will be implanted between the thumb and forefinger under the skin.

The company is expecting more than 50 staff members to be voluntarily chipped with the technology.

Another big question: Will the chips also have a GPS tracking system? The company says no.

CEO Todd Westby says he thinks employee microchips are the wave of the future

”Yes, basically what this is considered is a break room market in an office complex,” Westby explained. “You'll come up, scan the item, we'll hit 'Pay with credit card' and it's asking to swipe my proximity payment now. I'll hold my hand up, just like the cell phone and it will pay for my product.”

Three Square Market says the microchip data is both encrypted and secure, and there's no GPS tracking at all.

Nope, not interested.

Comment

I'll pass.

Comment

NEVER!! Wouldn't work there but you can bet that there will be 100's/1,000's that will do it.

Comment

Not afraid of change necessarily as I am only 27, but can't help but wonder and worry about my kids future.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Not gonna happen to me!

Comment

Future mark of the beast?

Comment

OK....I'm not a biblical scholar but that can be construed as taking the mark of the Beast (Devil) if you are into scripture.

I'd rather not????

Comment

Nope. Why not let them use a mobile payment or their employee badge?

Comment

I've embedded a whole can of pringles in my mouth before. Does that count?

Comment

Think most older people will not go for this but can see younger generation doing so .. convenience and not worrying about losing ids, CCs and such.

The one thing I think will definitely make this main stream is the chips become GPS (or something similar) enabled and are presented as a child safety issue … missing children. Once that happens parents will buy into in it and kids will grow up with them and therefore have no qualms when they become adults with children. Eventually most will have this. May take a generation but will happen.

Comment

Its coming...20 years from now they will be "chipping" your new born at the hospital.

Comment

I just read a story the other day that Samsung (I think) in Austin was going to require employees to get chipped to work there!!!! [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We have a company kitchen kiosk that you can pay via thumbprint. It's pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X