2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .270 View Post
    One of the things I missed about the catalog was thumbing through it, making notes, highlighting, etc. I called my local UPS store and they will print it out for me for about $12 out the door. FWIW. (Would have cost me more in gas to drive up to work and secretly do there.)
    i miss that as well

Comment

The Hitler draw hunt video is very funny!
      Last edited by BarBBar; 07-08-2016, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Here's the hunt success and other statistics for the last few years. 2015-2016 information was lacking, so I didn't put it, but it's on the TPWD website also.
        Last edited by niceg3s; 05-19-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

All my 2016-2017 apps are in....now I wait!

Comment

doing my homework now, are they not posting the number of applicants that applied anymore? or did i just miss it somewhere?
            im sure im just buying preference points this year but i honestly enjoy looking at all the number, applying and dreaming until the draw

Comment

They were on there last week when I browsed the catalog but are gone now. I can tell you one thing. If you want to get excited about drawing be glad they are gone. Because the odds were astronomically low.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                They were on there last week when I browsed the catalog but are gone now. I can tell you one thing. If you want to get excited about drawing be glad they are gone. Because the odds were astronomically low.
                Yup. I noticed 2600+ applied for 60 permits at Brazos Bend. I was like, "Good Lord you'd think it was the freakin' Chap for all this mess."

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Yup. I noticed 2600+ applied for 60 permits at Brazos Bend. I was like, "Good Lord you'd think it was the freakin' Chap for all this mess."
                  Well, when they made it "unlimited", what did you expect!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Yup. Most of them were like that. I'll put in for a few but I'm done with most of the draws.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                        Yup. Most of them were like that. I'll put in for a few but I'm done with most of the draws.
                        I hate to say it but I'm not even going to waste my money. I've got enough places to hunt as it is (not a bad problem to have so I'm not complaining). I just hope they fix this whole thing (whatever that entails) before too many more years go by.

Comment

This will be my first year applying for draws in Texas. I'm seeing a lot of high # of applicants and low # of permits. Has anyone had any consistent success with the draws? Or is this deer tags w sheep draw odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew65 View Post
                            This will be my first year applying for draws in Texas. I'm seeing a lot of high # of applicants and low # of permits. Has anyone had any consistent success with the draws? Or is this deer tags w sheep draw odds.
                            Drawing a sheep tag out West is way easier than a deer hunt in Texas

Comment

I got all of mine in, including my Antlerless Post card for Moore Plantation. Good luck folks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew65 View Post
                                Alot have had success, Including myself but not with consistency

Comment

Working...
                                X