Mamba m34 - anyone shot one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mamba m34 - anyone shot one?

I've been looking at trading one of my bows away and had a guy offer a Mamba 34.

I've never shot an APA bow so I told him I'd prolly have to pass unless I can find one locally.

Anyone know anything about these bows and tuning them? They're dual cams, and the ability to press it in the field seemed kinda neat.

I'm waiting on mods to test a m5. With there cam design it gets to peek weight quick it holds it long and then drops off. It's a steady draw.

Apa looks to be a simple design. Only a couple of risers. For all bows. Only three cams for all there bows. Down fall to this is there draw lengths are all over the place do to this. Some draw close to mod some way long. This kills there speed numbers. What I'm seeing so far on the m5 is its with in 3 or so to ibo if you use the mod as draw. When using the actual draw lenth. There closer to 10 ft slow. Typical for company's that use ibo instead of ata to test bows.

Now for a positive side. They hold great and are Varlly forgiving to torq by grip. Or at least for me. They do have slight vibration on shot. Easy fix. String as a little noise I fixed with monkey tails. This again is all do to the cam design.

Tuning will be know different then any dual yoke bow. Should be easy if you understand what is going on with the arrow.

Other then the draw lenth problem. I'm liking the bow. It reminds me of the Hoyt turbo last year.

Comment

Interesting! Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X