Need some help GM guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help GM guys.

Can some one tell me what hose this is and possibly why it would fail like that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Heater hose. They get brittle and break, it's fairly common when they get any kind of age on them. You can get them at Napa and it's not to bad to change them out

Comment

That looks like a coolant hose going too the heater core inside the cab for your heater. Maybe something hit it ,or it's just old and dry rot?

Comment

Yep, should be an easy fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut that plastic crap off the heater core and stick the hose back on with a hose clamp mine has lasted a while now like that

Comment

Thanks all. Hose looks easy enough, but what about the plastic piece circled? Can I just unscrew and put a new one on send the put new hose on? Hose appears to be good just the plastic piece broke. Both hoses appear to be the same other than the white and black plastic pieces. Is there a difference in the 2?

Comment

Pic of plastic piece.

Comment

You will have to get a black and a white from the dealer. They are a little difficult to change due to the rear heater line. Just take your time and be easy not to bend the aluminum.

Comment

Use a hack saw blade by hand and cut it off going slow may have to cut it in two spots to loosen it up enough to pull off the plastic piece

Comment

The circled plastic piece snaps onto the end of the heater core tube. The side hose snaps into that piece. Google how to remove these. They can be a SOB to unlock, especially since you have rear heater hose. Too rough and you can create a leak in the heater core.
                    The rear hose connection is the trouble maker on this job. Get your repair parts first and examine closely, before attempting job. Make sure none of the inner seals fall out.
                    A small amount of liquid soap will allow it to slip together easier.

The parts are rather pricey at the dealer, but I don't trust the quality of aftermarket. Seems like one color is much higher than the other.

Comment

The hacksaw will take it off, but one wrong cut can bring on MISERY so if you attempt this be very, very careful. I have had to remove dash and replace heater core because a customer cut too far up the heater tube trying that method. Also prying at this connection can collapse a heater tube inward and bring on trouble. Study your new parts before attempting and you will have better understanding how these work.

Comment

Working...
                      X