Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    What would say the average hourly wage is?

I work in production. The range is approx. $18-$45/hr depending on whether you are a contract hand or company hand, and how long you've been working for the company/promotions/etc.

If you are with the right company, you have everything you need for the job provided for you...truck, fuel card, tools, phone, computer, FRC...not to mention great benefits for you and your family. I don't make the money the guys working away from home do, but if I added up all the extras plus being home every night, it's plenty to call it a great career.
    Last edited by Skinny; 12-20-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I'm over 100 hours for the week. In all honesty, I hope it slows down.
      Last edited by JMalin; 12-20-2014, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WCI View Post
        I believe this thread was started back some years ago. Very good advice was offered then and also now. Please take my 5th generation oilfield advice also as stated before save save save. The oilfield is slowing now. It WILL be back blowing and going again the problem is only when is that to happpen. Can you last it out? I also have witnessed all the spending on the up times and have done my share of it. Ask any 50+ year old oilfielder for the advice that is necessary to survive. I watched many great "Hands" kicking rocks in the late 80's boys. I now see younglings living it up to the extreme. Yes, you have earned the right to spend as you choose but better have something to fall back on when the guaranteed slowdown occurs. This is not nearly as bad as it gets. I have made plenty and lost more. Missed my kidos growing up but they never did without. Kids are now grown and wife is long gone (good). Just the dogs and me now. I ask myself was it truely all worth it?

HELL yes it was cause either you oilfield or you not. Kelly down, Lets get it boys..
        When in doubt, rotate it out!

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
          Why not work at wal mart..... This life ain't for everyone.

Comment

I saw what you said before you edited it.

If you dont feel safe doing it, then dont. Its simple. Ill quit my job on the spot before i ever get forced to do something i am uncomfortable with safety wise.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Most of those guys I know work a 7on 7off schedule to make that. Lots of money to work half a year and probably get more actual time home than someone working a regular job.

Comment

Man that's a lot of hours. Way too many for me. Lol. I like 40 a week. I'm just thankful that I don't have to work like that to make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  Man that's a lot of hours. Way too many for me. Lol. I like 40 a week. I'm just thankful that I don't have to work like that to make a living.
                  84hrs a week then off the next. I would take that over 40 every week anyday

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                    I just don' see how any one with a family of 5 can survive on less than 100K family income with current price of living.
                    That is one of the most jackass posts I have ever seen on TBH.

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                    That's why I make the big bucks son.....I get paid from the neck up!!

See above

I never said not to save money, I never said it might not ever dry up.....I said it wasn't going to come to a screeching halt like it did in 1982....and unless you have a crystal ball, you're opinion is no different than mine.....an opinion.

Rig contractors got burned in the 80's.....not gonna happen again. Carry on.
                    Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                    Dad and I were just talking about all the one year old diesels with low miles that will be owned by the banks soon.
                    I need a slightly used bay boat

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    I know a guy who makes the big bucks cause they pay him from the neck up that says you wrong!

And greenspan's monetary easing during the collapse of the tech bubble had nothing to do with oil's run from $20 to $150 from 2000 to 2008. Okay
                    I wish I knew it all when I was your age

Comment

Yeah. Y'all monkeys better save up. Your gig will end soon. I'll be around till the end. Good luck monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        What's interesting is yes I like that $25 dollars I am saving per fill up... That's 300-400 a month in savings for me. That savings multiplied throughout the us economy is about 200 million a day. Of course those closest to the pain hurt the most but there are millions of Americans who are benefiting from low fuel prices. These same American consumers will spend those dollars and put it back into the economy. The **** hole towns of south texas will revert back to **** holes same as the rest of the **** holes across the state and country. Hopefully the old timers and savvy saved and enjoyed the boom.
                        My company buys my gas. The less they spend the more they have for commissions and salaries. I guess we are one of those that are not affected by the O & G market in a bad way.We are a contractor that rehabs properties for Fannie Mae. We are just a small company trying to make our way in this cruel world and every little bit helps.

Comment

BOY!!!! You are something else! I haven't seen a post you've made yet that......... Well never mind you'll figure it out one of these days!

Comment

Please explain your hours. You posted this on Friday, so you work more than 20 hours a day...or did I miscalculate?

What exactly do you do and what are your hours?

Comment

With all the talk of how the low oil prices will hurt the economy. Can someone explain why the stock market has been climbing and just had the best day in 3 years. Doesn't seem to be killing it yet. Also I work for the biggest railroad in country and our car loadings are still climbing. So as of right now I'm not seeing it hurting the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                                Yeah. Y'all monkeys better save up. Your gig will end soon. I'll be around till the end. Good luck monkeys.

Woops!!!! My post was supposed to quote this fella. Lol. Dang Crown. Yee Yee.

Comment

Working...
                                X