Refrigerator Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refrigerator Advice

What is a good refrigerator for under 1500. What did yall buy and how has it lasted.

Bought a Kenmore SXS in 90 and it was still working when we sold it last year in a garage sale.
    We have a Whirlpool now but really the Kenmore was better made (Shelfs were thin and break easy with teenage kids pulling on them)

Comment

I have a ridiculous huge Samsung Chef Fridge....not happy at all ESPECIALLY for the price. That's what I get for not going built in to save money. At least my wife doesn't hold it over my head.

Comment

We have a Whirlpool that we got because it was well rated and on sale at Home Depot during their annual appliance sale. We paid right at $1500 and it was $2200 normally.
        It is AWESOME!!!
        Huge improvement over our old-style, freezer-on-top fridge we had. All the food you normally get at is right in front of you rather than 2' below your head. Doors have lots of storage and there's a drawer in the middle that we use all the time.
        This is it.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
          I have a ridiculous huge Samsung Chef Fridge....not happy at all ESPECIALLY for the price. That's what I get for not going built in to save money. At least my wife doesn't hold it over my head.
          I will NEVER buy another Samsung refrigerator! I think LG has the best bang for the buck these days.

Bisch

Comment

Whirlpool or. GE

I'd put an igloo cooler in my kitchen before another frigidaire or Lg

Comment

Refrigerator Advice

Check out Sears closeout inventory. We got a huge fridge with French doors, water/ice thru the door, stainless for $1500 a few months ago. It has one little ding in it on a side nobody can see. Ours is a Whirlpool as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been amazing so far

Also on kenmore- they are made by a few different manufacturers. The serial number will tell you who. Some are no more than a fridgidaire with a kenmore sticker. I'm sure there are some on here that know what numbers to look for. Of not I can ask my fil again
                Attached Files

Comment

Another tip I've learned over the years: buy from an appliance shop!!! @&$% box stores and sears. You can get twice the machine for less money and SERVICE... service... service!!!!! Lowes, sears, home depo.... yea good luck getting it fixed in under a month... know several that took 2 months+

Comment

I have had good luck with Lowes extended warranties. A little hassle trying to get an appointment but they fix stuff

I would just check Lowes/HomeDepot for their clearance stuff. The lowes by me always has 10+ fridges that are returns, dented, etc. My sister got her Whirlpool like the one above brand new still in the plastic with styrofoam shelf holders for $1100. The inlaws picked up one similar with a tiny dent on the side for about the same.

Comment

Anything but Fridgidaire

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Been amazing so far

Also on kenmore- they are made by a few different manufacturers. The serial number will tell you who. Some are no more than a fridgidaire with a kenmore sticker. I'm sure there are some on here that know what numbers to look for. Of not I can ask my fil again
                        My mom has that exact model.....very nice!

Comment

You can find the mfg for sears appliances online. It is in the first 3 numbers in the mod #. Print the list and take it with you. The majority of kenmore appliances are frigidaire, or made in the same plant. Crap, will never own anothe frigidair product. Have bought 2 whirlpool s x s fridges in the last 3 yrs, and both are great. Stay away from electronic controls, or you will be spending $500 to repair them within 4 yrs. Also none have more than a year warranty, so buy extended if it is in your budget.

The last one i bought online from home depot. They delivered and they will move the old one for a very small fee.

Comment

Anything but a Samsung. My only issue with it is the ice maker sucks! Takes forever to dispense and makes about 2 cups at a time! Of course I constantly remind my wife that our "old" fridge that is now in the garage always has plenty of ice and fill ups are fast!

Comment

Working...
                            X