Dang fleas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang fleas

Have a 6 month golden retriever pup and past few weeks she has gotten a ton of fleas on her. I've bathed her with shampoos etc, put the drops on her collars and all that and can't get rid of the dang things? Gonna call the vet tommorow but anyone have any suggestions?

If the dog is on the house and has them, you will need to treat the house and yard too or you will never get rid of them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Borax. Home and in yard(sprinklers or hose after dusting yard to get it into the soil)

Comment

My yard has cottontails in it every morning and night when it gets dry. Then the fleas got on my JRT really bad last summer. What I had been using quit working so the Vet suggested I switch to Nexgard and it worked within days well on my dog. But the Nexgard is expensive.

Comment

This stuff absolutely works, has been the best stuff so far, we bathed every other day before this and sprayed every two weeks and could not get them under control. Since using both pills for a few months, no fleas on the dogs and yard treatments have knocked them down outside, and any fleas that bite are killed or become sterile so it disrupts the life cycle of them.

Inexpensive, safe and effective flea treatments for cats and dogs. Rapid Flea Killer and Flea Control is solution to your flea problem.

Comment

We use comfortis pills. I sprayed the yard with permethrin until the pills knocked em the rest of the way out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Going through the same with our pup. Its a pain in the arse!

Comment

Use dawn soap on dog. Works great

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                  We use comfortis pills. I sprayed the yard with permethrin until the pills knocked em the rest of the way out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                  Comfortis is a miracle.

My dad had a beagle with a bad case of fleas. 20 minutes after taking it, the dead fleas looked like a pepper shaker had been broken on the tile floor.

Comment

Agree with comfortis. This stuff works very well for our animals

Comment

Just gave my dogs comfortis earlier this month. We have had fleas bad this summer and nothing seemed to help. Comfortis though has helped a ton along with spraying the yard every 10 days to break up the fleas hatching cycle.

Comment

When we got our ridgeback pup he had them bad. Dawn dish soap seemed to knock out a few but not all. He wasn't quite do to go back to vet. Years ago we used pine o pine or pine sol, so that's what I did. Knocked quite a few off and after two days with a pine sol bath each day no more fleas.

Comment

Now he is on a pill which seems to work well also but not sure what brand, wife takes care of that

Comment

We use Trifexis once a month. It does fleas, ticks, and heartworms. First time we used it,the dogs had fleas falling off of them within minutes. No fleas since they've been on it, and January 2017 was the first full year. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by jdma View Post
                              Agree with comfortis. This stuff works very well for our animals
                              Comfortis works great. We have tried everything else over the years with little success. Only thing is it makes our Boxer really sick for some reason so we can't give it to him

Comment

Working...
                              X