Romo hanging up the cleats, pursuing broadcasting career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony walking away from game , probably best thing for him and his long term health

Plans to be a color commentator with CBS sports

Wise move in my opinion.

Comment

Good for him Smart move

Comment

I was hoping the first article I read was just clickbait but looks legit.

Comment

I know it's probably best, but I'll miss him being in the game, even though it's already been a while. He was fun to watch.

Where are you seeing this story? I looked in the DFW local news outlets and haven't seen anything in at least 3 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
            I know it's probably best, but I'll miss him being in the game, even though it's already been a while. He was fun to watch.

Where are you seeing this story? I looked in the DFW local news outlets and haven't seen anything in at least 3 of them.
            Rather than trying to chase a Super Bowl with another team, Dallas Cowboys backup quarterback Tony Romo is planning to step away from football and go into broadcasting, according to a report.

Comment

I would still take him on the Texans!

Comment

This works out well for Jerry. Dax gets hurt next season and Tony can trade the broadcast mic for helmet and pads & not have to worry about one of those pesky NFL contracts...

Comment

I don't know if I believe that. If that's the case, he could retire and save the Cowboys even more money. Jerry approved other teams speaking with him a couple of days ago. Maybe there has been no interest. Sources said as much, claiming he was keeping Romo on the roster to save his feelings, because no team wanted him. Not for 24 million. This shows Romo is keeping his options open. You never know. Either way good for him and hope he finds success where ever he ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post

Breaking News by Adam Shefter on ESPN 20 min ago

Comment

I think retiring is the best move he could make

Comment

Do you think his name will stand in the cowboys ring of honor?

Comment

sweet!! no more Phillip Sims I hope

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                            I don't know if I believe that. If that's the case, he could retire and save the Cowboys even more money. Jerry approved other teams speaking with him a couple of days ago. Maybe there has been no interest. Sources said as much, claiming he was keeping Romo on the roster to save his feelings, because no team wanted him. Not for 24 million. This shows Romo is keeping his options open. You never know..

But he is retiring....

Thanks for the memories Tony... good luck on your next adventure

Comment

HEY!! Osweiler wanted that job!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X