African hunter missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Glad we got some closure on this... one... so the family knows what happened and two so Diamond S can quit ******** about what everybody posts on a public DISCUSSION forum.

RIP Mr. Scott. Prayers up for the family....
    This^ wasn't necessary Have a little compassion and understanding. Diamond S has lost a friend and some have been less than compassionate about the situation. I pray you never have to endure something like this with someone you care about.

Comment

Prayers for the family and friends

Comment

Very sad and not the outcome that I was hoping for. Prayers for his loved ones left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
          This^ wasn't necessary Have a little compassion and understanding. Diamond S has lost a friend and some have been less than compassionate about the situation. I pray you never have to endure something like this with someone you care about.
          Some ppl just look for a reason to be a Richard head no matter the circumstance. Prayers for the family and friends at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post

Are yall suggesting what I or anybody else should post on a discussion forum too?

Thanks for the prayers although I doubt you actually prayed for me. It was a good closing on your thought. I've lost plenty but understand that the public is going to discuss higher profile cases on DISCUSSION forums. It's only made worse by the infighting and brow beating of folks coming in and telling folks what they are supposed to say. And honestly the speculation stuff that was said was pretty tame. If I was family, and for some strange reason I was reading this, I'd be more bothered by reading what actually happened, ie being found in the gut of a croc, delivered by Diamond S himself, than some dude speculating that maybe he ran away or disappeared on purpose. It is what it is...simple discussion amongst folks comparing it to other similar situations. There is no malice in that.
            Last edited by Smart; 04-20-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Glad we got some closure on this... one... so the family knows what happened and two so Diamond S can quit ******** about what everybody posts on a public DISCUSSION forum.

RIP Mr. Scott. Prayers up for the family....
              X2

Comment

Prayers for the family. At least they have some closure

Comment

RIP Scott...sad deal. Glad that the family finally has some closure.

Comment

It was confirmed that there was only one dog with him at the end. A plausible theory is that his dogs, being hot and exhausted, stepped to the water for a drink and was grabbed by a croc. Scott, who loved his dogs, tried to save the dog and was attacked himself, by that croc or others nearby. A sad story.

Comment

Really tough story and outcome. Prayers for his family and wishing them to find peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                        It was confirmed that there was only one dog with him at the end. A plausible theory is that his dogs, being hot and exhausted, stepped to the water for a drink and was grabbed by a croc. Scott, who loved his dogs, tried to save the dog and was attacked himself, by that croc or others nearby. A sad story.
                        That was my theory on DAY 1...........as noted we will never know but the event is tragic!

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                          Ok guys, so here is the story on Scott. The DNA test are back and positive for being Scott.
                          Now for a little of the back story. As we all know Scott was running his dogs and they found his backpack by the river, It seemed the trail ended there. After countless hours of SAR The wildlife agency decided to start shooting crocs and checking for human remains. Two crocs did in fact contain human remains that were sent off for DNA testing. A day or so later more crocs are shot, on of them had part of Scotts shoe in it. This is when the stand down order for the SAR was issued. The outfitter I hunt with, who is also Scotts best friend took Scotts GPS and retraced his steps. There were no other human tracks or any dangerous game tracks anywhere along the trail. The day Scoot went missing it was unseasonably hot and he traveled several miles according to the GPS before he reached the river. Once again were no human or other tracks at the river where the backpack was found except for Scotts. This is the part of the story that will forever remain a mystery, it seems that Scott walked a short distance up and down the river in kind of a random pattern. The SAR team thinks that Scott may have had some unknown medical condition and the combination of heat and the long walk may have aggravated the condition. It is believed that Scott went in to to river to try and cool down and may have had a stroke or a heart attack while in the river.

Scott was a stand up guy with a great family. He will be missed by many.

Rest in peace my friend.
                          Diamond, his walking up and down the river may have been him checking to see if any obvious crocs were there? I haven't been there and never hunted Africa but if he was too hot and hurting maybe he was checking before getting in to cool off.

My heartfelt condolences go out to the family.

Comment

RIP Scott.
                            Its good to have closure for the family.
                            My heart goes out to them.

Comment

No good but at least they know for sure now

Comment

RIP
                                Prayers for the family

Comment

Working...
                                X