Who drives a dodge 1500 eco diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who drives a dodge 1500 eco diesel?

Im thinking about buying a used one. 2wd, 30k miles. Do they get the 28 mpg as advertised? How do the pull? I will be pulling a bass boat, a 16' low boy with atv and/ or utv, and maybe a small travel trailer. What kind of mileage when towing? Is it really worth the extra money?

A co worker just bought an Eco diesel and he's been getting 28 to 32 on the highway and 22 to 24 in town. He has a 2015 ram 1500 4x4 4 door. He got it at Allan Samuels Dodge in North Richland Hills.. He just turned 5k miles and he loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning48 View Post
      A co worker just bought an Eco diesel and he's been getting 28 to 32 on the highway and 22 to 24 in town. He has a 2015 ram 1500 4x4 4 door. He got it at Allan Samuels Dodge in North Richland Hills.. He just turned 5k miles and he loves it.
      Same as I hear from my buddy. He has a 21ft bass boat hooked up to it most of the time, travelling to tournaments across the nation. He put 30k on it this past year and his MPG average was at 22 for the year towing a load. He has also dumped Lord knows how much money into aftermarket upgrades so that might be helping him as well.

Comment

I have a 2015 Laramie limited ecodiesel 4x4. 56 miles one way to work, downtown Austin and get 25.5 regularly. Also pull my 23 ft bay boat to the coast and average 18 to 20 mpg.

Comment

My cousin just got rid of his. He loved it except for the issues. He put 19,000 on it. For a lot of that time it was in and out of the shop for a bad vibration in the rear end that they basically replaced everything trying to find. Then the turbo went out. After the turbo issue he called it quits and traded for a Chevy 5.3. He put over 5,000 miles on the loaner he had. Just to give an idea how much time it spent in the shop.
          B

Comment

Originally posted by reedkj View Post
            I have a 2015 Laramie limited ecodiesel 4x4. 56 miles one way to work, downtown Austin and get 25.5 regularly. Also pull my 23 ft bay boat to the coast and average 18 to 20 mpg.
            I have the same pickup, and these are my experiences as well. Have 7k miles on mine so far and love it. No issues (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by reedkj View Post
              Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
              I have the same pickup, and these are my experiences as well. Have 7k miles on mine so far and love it. No issues (knock on wood).
              If you guys don't mind me asking...how much are these running $$$ wise? What can I get into one for? I want the ecodiesel. I don't think I can get into a Laramie package but I want 4wd for sure and the full size crew cab, not the dinky quad cab. Love those trucks.

Comment

$32k for a 2015 with 22k miles. 2wd, lonestar package.

Comment

I'm leaning hard that way on my next one. I only have 178,000 on the Dodge. So I have about another 125,000-150,000 (2.5 years) more miles to go before I do buy another. I'll also be paying close attention to Diesel prices over that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We almost bought one about a month ago. We shopped around and the best deal we found for a 2016 1500 Longhorn Laramie crew cab 2 wheel drive with the eco diesel, running boards, spray in bedliner, and bed cover was right at 48k drive out. We decided to wait another year so that we can pay off our home before buying a new truck. They seem to be great little trucks although a bit pricey.

Comment

Maybe Ford will follow suit with a small diesel. Ive had 2 Dodges and probably wouldnt buy another

Comment

Originally posted by eastex56 View Post
                        We almost bought one about a month ago. We shopped around and the best deal we found for a 2016 1500 Longhorn Laramie crew cab 2 wheel drive with the eco diesel, running boards, spray in bedliner, and bed cover was right at 48k drive out. We decided to wait another year so that we can pay off our home before buying a new truck. They seem to be great little trucks although a bit pricey.
                        We have my demo for sale right now asking $43,988. Laramie with every option in the book & 4x4. To the OP- yes they do get the advertised mileage. They are awesome vehicles. I can personally vouch for them.

Last edited by Truckville; 04-16-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          If you guys don't mind me asking...how much are these running $$$ wise? What can I get into one for? I want the ecodiesel. I don't think I can get into a Laramie package but I want 4wd for sure and the full size crew cab, not the dinky quad cab. Love those trucks.
                          I was in the $50k range on mine, but i had worked them for a bit. Every option in the book. Love the air suspension. Very nice ride on the highway, and the seats are great on those long drives. I have the Rambox bed, and really love it. I can store so much crap on the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

Go buy the truck, truckville has.

You know you want it.

Comment

Working...
                            X